08 WRX Sedan

08WRXME

Kartboy short throw, front and rear bushings and knob came in the mail this weekend!! Gonna try to find some time this week to put it in. Any helpful hints??

need snap ring puller or your not getting the shifter out.. dont pull anything apart till you have one. then get rid of that knob and buy a real one from me.

need snap ring puller or your not getting the shifter out.. dont pull anything apart till you have one. then get rid of that knob and buy a real one from me.

Good to know! where can I get a snap ring puller? generic tool, or subaru-specific??

Plus 100
default_redface.gif

Good to know! where can I get a snap ring puller? generic tool, or subaru-specific??

not subaru specific... chances are you can get one at any tool department like sears, or might find something cheap at a place like napa, or vip. dont spend a ton cause you wont use it a lot. but super cheap ones tend to flex and not work correctly.

hey i see you got your car at ocean subaru so did i. if you dont mind me askign what did you pay?
21,999 out the door brand new in Oct 2008. It came with the sports grille, floor mats, locking lug nuts, and fog lights.

haha. heck ill install it for you. i can have the short throw installed and knob on in 15 mins.... haha.

Shifter, bushings and knob in tonight!!!! best money spent so far. went for a short drive and the car felt nice and tight. Thanks to Randy for stopping by and helping out!

21,999 out the door brand new in Oct 2008. It came with the sports grille, floor mats, locking lug nuts, and fog lights.

wow nice dam. who did u blackmail? lol i was thinking about buying a premium wrx btu after addign up all the stuff u woudl have to do just to get it even with the sti i said iw oudl rather pay the extra

wow nice dam. who did u blackmail? lol i was thinking about buying a premium wrx btu after addign up all the stuff u woudl have to do just to get it even with the sti i said iw oudl rather pay the extra
I wanted the STi as well, but couldn't swing the monthly payment AND higher ins.
default_mad.gif

Rolled my two rear fenders today! Synaptic3 out of Candia NH did it. Awesome freaking shop with some real nice STis, RX-7s, and a mid-90s SE-R being fitted for the 24 hours of Lemons. Good guys and not too far away for us southerners! Also i was able to find out that my wheels are 18x7 BUT with a 35 offset.. more then likely the reason they are rubbing. Synaptic3 said that with the roll and a deeper offset i should be able to fit an 8 inch wheel now.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back