1980 Z28 Camaro

• Thread starter Thread starter 02 WRX Chris
  • Start date Start date

02 WRX Chris

1980 Z28 Camaro.  Only 80,000 original miles on the beast.  Has had a lot of work done (not by me or my dad) but we have put a new paint job on it
default_smile.png
 This is what the car looked like before the previous owner bought it:

5kpy.jpg

zht1.jpg

yoc5.jpg

s1vv.jpg

8ny4.jpg

thl7.jpg

xyf1.jpg

jvfh.jpg

3fk7.jpg

fcc6.jpg

5hsn.jpg

0x1r.jpg

62i.JPG

zxb4.jpg

It used to be a drag car (not a very fast one lol) and the previous owner changed it back to a street car!  It did have a 305 in it but was changed out to a 3 fitty!!
default_tongue.png
 Has some work done to it but I can't find the mod list :/  This is what the car looked like when my dad and I bought it:

wtn4.jpg

owyv.jpg

3b08.jpg

njwp.jpg

ivvr.jpg

Since then we have painted it:

i2w5.jpg

xlw6.jpg

kukp.jpg

ljwd.jpg

n5ao.jpg

veo7.jpg

Then we put the Z28 stripes on it to make it look like it was original:

h583.jpg

Car only has 80k on it and the speedo gear isn't correct so it racks up the miles much faster than it should.  Has been stored every winter since the previous over had it (last 10 years or so) so the rust is very minimal.  Next step is to try to improve the interior a little.

My first cars where third gen Firebirds and I always wanted a second gen.   Got close to trading for one a couple times but never found the right one.

Love it.

Looks really good with the decals. I honestly didnt like the lighter skyish blue without them, luckily I scrolled down haha! Combo Looks perfect though. I bought my wife a 79 berlinetta years ago, its still back burnered... PM me if you have any leftover parts, or any needs, looks like you're into the old stuff as much as I am...

That's a beautiful car! I really like it. Back when they made them with real metal.. Or so I hear, Im only 18....

Back