1996 obs h6 swap

Matt

Well here goes nothing!!!

I'm sure a few of you know of taidens old outback sport that he did a full 100+ YouTube videos on documenting the h6 swap. I actually watched them all last night. Smart guy!

Well apparently it was sold to another member here and then traded to Mikey for work performed. Mike didn't have the time to finish the swap so being that I am a good friend I got the good friend discount. Price will remain a mystery!

There's videos of the car running with the computer sitting on a table so at least we know it will run. The plan is to tackle it over a few weekends and wrap it all up. Dedicated winter car/rally cross. Having a 230 hp/228 tq NA beast bolted to a 5spd to play with will be epic. Wrx killer!!

Ill document the build here so you can follow it to the completion. She deserves to live!

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1376266005.807609.jpg

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1376266017.296739.jpg

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1376266029.246307.jpg

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1376266041.197837.jpg

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1376266052.487071.jpg

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1376266064.013604.jpg

This is how she sits as of now. Ill prob go over this weekend and start figuring out the game plan.

And my little girl is almost 3 months.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1376266187.716106.jpg

I'm sure simple Matt's non simple mechanical knowledge will shine in this build. Good luck, should be a fun project, looking forward to seeing it all come together.

im sure matt and i can get it going and set up for rallyx/winter driving. sooch ive never had a project more stressful then yours, you win.

Yay! somone elses car has been more of a pain in the ass for Mike than mine! Matt, you better give this thing a ridiculous paintjob to match the Ken Block mobile.

hah  yet to be a pain in the ass!   i was actually thinking the brian deegan rally fiesta theme. Should make a few rally folk happy
default_additional_hyper2.gif

I'm telling you its not far from done. And I wanted to do deegan's theme but I can't get anyone paint savvy to help me out -.-

If you need a hand give me a shout! I can't wait to see this thing on the road.

Due to life getting in the way I've been neglecting this car. Sad to say I'm not going to have time to complete it so it's for sale to anyone that wants to tackle the remaining task. It's truly not far from being done.

500 bucks and she's yours. Needs to go soon.

ugh i have to many cars as it is. I dont need another one. Think marilyn would hate me if i offered you the svx?
default_smile.png

2 door is no bueno.

Gotta move quick before it hits craigslist. That's cheap money for something with so much ass kicking potential.

Back