2000 Legacy GT Journey

SkyControl

Hello all!

I guess this will start off with a little background. Throughout my teenage years I became a big fan of Subarus. Obviously I had my eyes on the wrx's and Sti's as I watched hours of rally videos hoping I would get a car like that. My father has owned outbacks for quite a few years now and I have been able to see the quality of subarus up close. Well I just finished my first year in college and being back home I needed a set of wheels for myself. With great thanks to my father he told me to start looking around for cars in a certain price range and instantly my searches went to subies. Within days I found a few cars that would work one of them being a 2000 gold Legacy GT here in town. My dad drove over instantly to check it out before me and he was sold. So the next day I was driving this beauty off the lot.

20110522172504.jpg

Well it didn't take long (maybe a day...if that) before I started looking at what I could do with this ole gal as I was falling in love with it which led me here. I was putting lists together like it was my job of what I was going to do with this car. that's where this thread is going. I really want to keep track of what I do with this car and its transformations so here I am. Hope you guys enjoy what I do, and if you don't I can respect your opinions, either way lets start the journey!

Last edited by a moderator:
Super clean.

Before others ask, I might as well. What are your plans and goals for this car? What do you want out of it?

Some common mods include sway bars, struts/springs, audio goodies, wheels (though I like those snowflakes), super bright fog/driving lights, just off the top of my head.

thanks for the response man, not going to lie this is the best pic I have. She is 11 years old so she has her dents and chips but overall I'm pretty happy with the looks. The very first things im doing is a DIY custom intake plus a K&N and front lip. I got the idea off another forum but think I will still do a write up showing what I did. Then Im looking to get 2008 forester xt sport wheels thanks to SUBARUDE. Change the green dash lighting with blue leds and hopefully some 2002 wrx seats I saw on craigslist. Eventually I want to get KYB gr2 struts, H&R springs,and whiteline sway bars. that's kind of what I have in mind at the moment. Also my shifter is really loose so im looking to get rallitek replacement shifter bushings hoping that will help...do you think it will? Other than that I haven't thought much more in the future, it has quite a few miles (180k) so I do need to save some of this summer money that I'm making just in case. Any suggestions will be much appreciated though.

Car looks pretty good for it's age! Nice find.

Shifter being sloppy is bushings, that should fix it.

I like the look of snowflakes. You could paint them black, or some other colour if you wanted a change cheap.

My issue with those wheels is they're really hard to clean snow out of. Not as bad as Peugeot 504 wheels... but still annoying. Steelies, or alloys with the least possible amount of spokes are the best for winter.

I dunno if I'd do intake stuff, personally I think it's more for looks than anything on an n/a. Spend your money on tires, suspension, and brakes. The biggest improvements you can make on the car.

I have blue dash lights in my car. I used LED strips. Took the cluster apart and modified it; came out perfect. No dark or light sploches and it cost me less than $20.

thanks for the comment and advise! Yeah the dash lighting will be one of the first things I do the more I look at the green the more it annoys me haha. Suspension will definitely be one of the major things I do for this car, im not sure how soon I will be able to get to it as I can't spend all of the money I am making. I will definitely keep this thread updated as I add to this ride.

Back