2005 Legacy GT with STi swap PICS

COSTIGAN86

Finally finished the STi swap. WRX intake manifold, huge Ebay STi TMIC, Walbro255, Turbosmart 50/50 BOV, and a TD05-16g EVO3. Full boost at 3000RPM. E-tuned by PDX. She moves, she moves.

DSC00070.jpg

DSC00071.jpg

looking through the scoop

DSC00072.jpg

-----Added 10/25/2009 at 08:26:18-----

I know that this can be done cleaner. I still need to fab some intercooler brackets. But I have less than $600 in parts!

Last edited by a moderator:
Nice work! Resoning behind going this route instead of stock location turbo? Now with the 08-10 WRX's sharing the intake/turbo/intercooler setup with the LGT's, they are coming out with more turbos all the time.

Cool project none the less and kudos for doing it different.

Well I thought about that but this gives me more options in the future for turbo upgrades for less money. The only thing now is stock TGVs won't fit with a 3" turbo inlet. So if I decide to upgrade again all I need is injectors, turbo, TGV deletes, and a bigger turbo inlet hose.

AWW CRAP! I was trying to help you merge all your pics to one post, and i think at the same time you were editing it. I think youll have to re-load some pics. Ill leave it alone till your done. SORRY!

-----Added 10/25/2009 at 08:35:47-----

Ok.... I re-added the pics. Just add the writing you had at the top.

nice looking install....

now get some jeweler size needle-nose pliers and straighten out the wrinkly cooling vanes in that TMIC
default_additional_iam.gif
hellfire guyz it might even work better.

I cant wait for a ride, it almost boosts as much as my Evo..holy 19 lbs... haha..well it is an Evo turbo after all..whaaahahaahaa

Back