4th of July Fireworks

Evan

1st!

ha ha. luckily the lack of a standard in abstract images made these a breeze to post process. i went through like 200 images in half an hour. in comparison i still have a model set from friday that was 85 images that i haven't finished.

DSC_6476R.jpg

DSC_6521R.jpg

DSC_6570R.jpg

DSC_6577R.jpg

DSC_6585R.jpg

DSC_6590R.jpg

DSC_6602R.jpg

DSC_6612R.jpg

DSC_6624R.jpg

DSC_6669R.jpg

DSC_6744R.jpg

DSC_6652R.jpg

Nice man! Those look great! I like the two curly ones. Can I get a high res of those, as well as maybe the first two?

i just locked it into f/2.8 and slower exposures. i varied the length back and forth though. most of the effects are from moving the camera.

Cool pics!

I took my camera to the parade, but the battery was dead. Then I took it to the fireworks... with the battery still in the charger. People accuse me of being scatter-brained... I wonder why...?

watched fireworks in Camden harbor friday nite from the boat in the fog = gallant idea but failure even tho we were anchored a quarter mile from the fireworks barge. hey cool, big bang with bluish-green tinge to fogbank!

then a home-style show Sat nite in the rain, Washington ME in a friend's field. Excellent! guy drove up from VA with a effin van-load of commercial fireworks, they spent about $1200 for a show every bit as good as the $10k Camden show. who sez fireworks don't work in rain?

Rez went to watch fireworks Sun nite in Searsport, dunno how that went. Rez, fireworks report, stat!
default_frown.gif

Last edited by a moderator:
Watched the fireworks in the relative comfort of my In-Laws front yard. They live on a dead end street next to a football field where the town of North Andover launches the fireworks every year. It's pretty neat being able to drink beer (wait... I don't drink) while watching from the comfort of your In-Laws house.

My daughter Sarah slept through the whole thing while sleeping in my arms. And yes, she passed a hearing test just fine.

thanks for the compliments guys, and tyler, i'll leave put them on the harddrive of that laptop you're going to buy, i'll consider them part of the purchase price
default_frown.gif

i shot these from lower on the hill of the eastern prom park, where most people where. the best place to shoot in that area is towards the 295/little league field side of the park where they launch them off over the water. we went towards the other side where there was more open space.

the booze cruise is $12 up to 20 depending on event. you guys should go this saturday (weather depending), amy and i are going to see sidecar radio play an all-sublime set. we saw this at the big easy and it was awesome, and i'm not even that big of a sublime fan.

Back