96 Lego!

Very nice
default_frown.gif

so i have built a new engine for my car.

I took a 2009 forester 2.5 na block that had a bad rod bearing in it. I split the case and dropped in a good rotating assembly out of another 2.5.

I used the dished pistons out of a DOHC 2.5. The head gaskets are from a 2000-04 leggy. The heads are off of a 1992 turbo 2.2l leggy. I used a 2.2l timing belt and the modern tensioner. The compression ratio of this engine is around 12:1.

I just swapped this thing in yesterday, and it fired right up! no problems yet. It runs smooth and quiet make good power from 3500-4800 rpm. Its not the fastest thing ever but it is a good improvement over the 2.2l.

I have no idea how long its going to last, but I just wanted to see if it worked and it did.

I will post pics as soon as i get them on too my comp.

I was definatly skeptical about the CR on pump gas, but it runs sweet and makes plenty of power. Good job Kyle!

Any wiring complications? I am looking at putting a 2.5 where a 2.2 used to sit and am interested in compatability.

I have a sohc 2.5 from a 99rs going into a 01obs. By use the harness do you suggest using the IM from the 2.2? Or just the wiring?

I have a sohc 2.5 from a 99rs going into a 01obs. By use the harness do you suggest using the IM from the 2.2? Or just the wiring?
im not positive if the IM will bolt on. if it will, use it. if not, use the 2.2 wiring on the 2.5, unless the 2.5 wiring plugs into your car, which i dont think it will.

From what I've heard, and going by with my swap. Is that a phase 1 OBD2 2.2 will plug right into a 2.5 DOHC harness, and vica versa without any issue.

I haven't personally tested that, yet, but from what the people on USMB say it should work.

But apparently the 2.2 computer is tuned for more low end, and the 2.5 computer is tuned for more highend.

From what I've heard, and going by with my swap. Is that a phase 1 OBD2 2.2 will plug right into a 2.5 DOHC harness, and vica versa without any issue.

I haven't personally tested that, yet, but from what the people on USMB say it should work.

But apparently the 2.2 computer is tuned for more low end, and the 2.5 computer is tuned for more highend.
you are correct, phase 1 will plug right in and run.

Back