A little more JDM bling and MORE handling mods...

Trevor723

It all started with a 2002 WRX from Patriot Subaru. I bought it off the lot with JDM projectors and Prodrive P1s. At that point I don't think Patriot or I had any idea what either of those things really were... but it was so beautiful I had to have it. Sadly I can't find any pictures of her on any of my PCs, but I'm sure you can all picture it, especially being otherwise stock.

Next up, I visited Patriot one day to test drive a used STI that had come in... After TonyQ got done ripping it down RT 1, and I test drove it for the rest of their test track.. I was instantly sold.

Couple quick pics of my 2004 PSM STI that was built, parted, traded, and is now who knows where....

profile.jpg

in1.jpg

engine1.jpg

Last but not least, as least in my opinion, is my current WRX. 2007 WRX wagon in Satin White Pearl. It came with SPT catback and intake, factory short shifter, and TurboSmart 50/50 bov. These have been replaced with a STI stock catback and stock air box.

Mods to this point:

Koni adjustable struts

Prodrive STI springs

Group N strut tops

Volk LE 28n 17x7.5 +43

JDM STI polymer shift knob

STI rear strut bar

GrimmSpeed hood dampers

04/05 V limited lip custom fit

rainyday1.jpg

rainyday2.jpg

rearbar3.jpg

Based on my experiences with short rams, I just don't see how they can make much if any difference, especially with everything else completely stock.

two main issues are:

a. intake air being drawn directly from hot engine bay

b. metal MAF housing... metal intake in a hot ass engine bay just doesn't make sense... if you had one coated with a thermal dispersant or similar I suppose it would be a slight improvement.

Those along with being able to make a few bucks profit after buying stock/selling SPT to buy mods I did covet. :happy3:

Picked up some chassis bracing this weekend should be here any day now...

I'm just using stock photos cause a. I don't have them quite yet and b. you won't be able to see them installed anyway
default_smile.png

STI subframe brace:

STi_Front_Lower_Arm_Bar.jpg

TiC cowl braces:

fcb_1_big.jpg

and a Cusco turbo heat shield... just cause it popped up for only $30.

cuscoheatshield.jpg

Here's to a stiff chassis :occasion14:

JDM STi genome boost gauge. This is retardedly expensive, unfortunately my compulsion to have a matching boost gauge after having the amber Defi's in my STi won over. I had to extend a bunch of wires to get the controller in the center console but it's by far the best place, IMO. The 52mm gauge looked tiny when I first took it out of the box... after placing it on the column I would not want it any larger! Placed on the left side so that it covers the temp gauge instead of 0-40 of my speedo.

genome3.jpg

genome2.jpg

controller1.jpg

controller2.jpg

Also added a JDM Spec C front strut bar to the mix. The install on this was far more involved than putting it on my 04 STI. Had to remove the a/c line bracket completely, bend the line slightly, and remove ~3/4" from the brake booster line in order to get the driver's side bracket to mount on the strut tower. A few selectively placed zip ties later and voila!

Not pictured, and not yet installed but in my possession: Whiteline adjustable front sway bar and Kartboy links for all 4 corners. Suspension will be 100% complete forever after these get installed.

specC1.jpg

specC2.jpg

Looking good. Liking the boost gauge, I know you said it was expensive. I don't even want to guess how much.

Back