Bike content: Suzuki SV650

Evan

my new whip for the summer. I'm gonna get rid of my GTI and just keep this and the wrx.

i didnt have a hole lot of room to move around, so i did what i could with lighting and got the back inside.

DSC_5635R.jpg

DSC_5650R.jpg

DSC_5642R.jpg

DSC_5613R.jpg

DSC_5646R.jpg

DSC_5654R.jpg

nice, is that an SV1000? my brother in law has got one, its nice...heres my summer whip at meat cove last summer, its the northern most point in nova scotia.

n1330586145_30137941_7563.jpg

Didnt see the title. Those 650s are sick, my old boss had one. he was recognized by suzuki as having the most miles on an SV650 with the original motor.

Last edited by a moderator:
no photoshop. all of these were shot in one frame, just some creative photography work done. i'm starting a series on that premise. i just slightly adjusted the brightness/contrast in adobe camera raw and dropped a border on them.

cool, did you ride that bmw all the way up there? i heard they're great distance bikes.

any idea how many miles were on that record motor?

yea, I rode it up. took like a week off from work, and just headed out. That bike is sick, its great on the highway, but its geared really low, so theres lots of torque down low, and the suspension has got about a foot of travel, even on nasty ass back roads, you can haul ass and its pretty smooth. He had well over 250,000 on his SV. He rides year round, all over the country. he bought a SV1000 two years ago, the SV's are great bikes.

Nice bike! I had an sv650 for a couple years. Let me know if you want any help modifying it. I know tons of parts available for them.

I had a 2000 blue naked SV just like that, but modified to a full fairing, and gsxr 1100 rear wheel with 180 tire. Get at me sometime I would love to talk bike with you.

I'm not looking to pour a whole lot of money into it but if things like a rear wheel or whatever are cheap mods i'd be interested. the only major things i've been planning on are paint and an exhaust. i may even just buy a can and weld up my own with the stock header setup.

There are TONS of slip on cans that fit that bike for cheaper then you can even make one for. I highly recomend Devil brand. Their highmount pipe for that bike not only looks amazing, but sounds SOOOOO good too. that's what I ran.

Some other cheap mods you might think about that will make for a better ride:

Suburban machinery TYPE 2 handlebars. (I ran these till i went full clipons for the full fairing) http://www.suburban-machinery.com/sv650.htm

Nate plates, relocation plates for your resrsets. I designed these for myself, but others showed interest. I started making more and sold over 250 sets all over the world. I lost interest and sold my stock and design to a fellow I met online (his names nate too) you can buy them here now: http://www.motosliders.com/MS-6.html Tell him Nate sent you.

You add these to the bike, and it will make for a more sporty setup, and feel. Im a bit taller, and actually found these made the bike amore comfortable.

You can also check out www.SVrider.com Its an awesome website with a lot of cool guys. Been a long time since ive been there because I dont have the bike anymore. But TONS of good info.

Let me know if your free sometime I can give you some more pointers.

those handlebars look like a good idea, although i might be able to fab something for cheaper. as for the rearsets, i like the more forward and down position of the non-s, part of the reason i got it.

i'll check out that devil exhaust, hopefully its got a nice deep sound.

no i still have it. moved it around the driveway today actually. i'm thinking about putting it on the road for the winter as a second car.

Back