BLMPKN's 05 legacy

blmpkn

Pascifist Patriot
Alright, heres my long overdue writeup on my beloved 05 Legacy 2.5i Limited.

I bought the car in January of 2011, my second car, first 5 speed. It was a HUUUUGE upgrade from my '94 corolla 3spd auto
default_tongue.png
(corollas in background)

1.jpg

The first "mods" I did to my car were yellow Luminics headlights and foglights, smoked plate cover, a snazzy Crown Royal shift boot, and smoked out tails (I later got tickets for my headlights and tails
default_tongue.png
)

2.jpg

Come april, I had my first encounter with a deer. Hitting one on penney road in new gloucester. The sucker basically hopped into the side of my car, requiring a new fender and doorskin. I was less than impressed, but thankfully I have full coverage

4.jpg

Not knowing the process's of filing an insurance claim, the car didnt end up getting repaired untill may or june. Once repaired I was ecstatic! finally having a nice non-stoved car around felt soooogoooodddddddddd! Unfortunately, a week later while picking up my girlfriend... her mother decides to back into the SAME FENDER. I chose not to take her mother to the cleaners and make her pay for the damages (definitely should of) so the fender remains the same as of right now5.jpg

A week after that, MY mother decides to back onto my hood, smashing my grille and tearing my hood with the bumper on her big bad duramax6.jpg

Now, an exact week after THAT... my buddy decides to back into my pass. side rear quarter panel leaving my driveway, causing 1800$ worth of damages7.jpg

another week after that, I duff another deer while mid-sip of my orange soda driving past howells in gray. Resulting damages were a jacked QP, broken wing mirror, and pumpkin sized dents in my two drivers side doors8.jpg

Ive contemplated that my car may be "cursed" and that mabey I should trade it in.. but I would feel bad ditching my first subaru, so shes here to stay.

Im in a rush for time at the moment, Ill add more pics and details on my cars second life with me when I get back home

sorry if this is all "mish mash" and if the pics are a little funky/huge.

My first time uploading pics and whatnot to a forum so im definitely a novice.

Dude that's some major bad luck, I think you're right bout being cursed!! The taillights look good though!!

I like the tail lights, but can you see them? I want to black mine out, but not until I do some wicked bright LEDs in them. I don't like being rear ended.

Car looks awesome though, being a black LGT owner, I love the things.

ouch but at least its the body that's curesd and not the motor good luck I miss my leggys keep us posted

Wow I would stop hanging with friends and family!!!
default_additional_sillylol.gif
It will look good when it's fixed.
almost all the damage has already been fixed by various insurance agencys. Just need a fender and to straighten out my exhaust and its all good.

Loved the rims you had on this at the meet yesterday!
Hey thanks, I got them from a friend of a friend for like 100 bucks all beat up. Had em blasted then layed the gunmetal

paint to them pretty good.

I guess they were o.e on a stratus? Or some equally as lame chrystler cause the 5 point chrystler logo is stamped on the backsides haha

Ill try to upload some more pictures tomorrow. I keep forgetting

Alright heres the story:

Leaving pineland farms in new gloucester going down a lil bit of a hill torwards the intersection of morse road. I step on the brake and our great subie abs starts freaking out and im not slowing down at all, just sliding. Freaking out I slam it in first hoping ill have enough traction to stop but even that didnt help. Not wanting to go straight through the intersection I attempt to turn right and go down morse road but just end up sliding sideways into the far lane and getting whacked head on by the biggest dodge pickup money could buy. The absolute worst thing about the whole situation was watching this truck coming right for me for a good 25 feet before impact. Legally its my fault because he had the right of way, but with so much space between us when I slid into the road im asking myself why this guy.didnt try turning left into the opposite lane and avoiding me, as there was plenty of time to do so...

Thankfully no one was hurt.

Glad you didn't get hurt . You know what sad Is the 4 cars I seen crash was either a truck or a subaru ..

I HATE subaru ABS. I drive a jeep around while doing security and that has WAY better ABS than all of the subarus that I have driven. I hated to say it, but it's true. Every time it kicks on, it feels like I just slammed the gas because the car shoots forward. I get the sensation of the seat shoving my hips forward. It's nuts. All it does it make it sound and feel like theirs rocks between my brake pads and rotors. It accomplishes nothing.

The ABS desn't suck. It't telling you there isn't enough grip for full braking. If yo trigger the ABS and just keep stomping down on the pedal, well you've seen that bad stuff tends to happen.

Best bet is to EASE OFF until you don't feel the pulsing--this gives you as much braking as you're gonna get. Counter-intuitive but it works way better than just giving up to ABS computer.

Another low-grip braking tech to save your bacon is also counter-intuitive. If brakes are not working, let off them entirely, push in clutch and just steer. Gives you best chance to regain grip and miss Bad Sheet. If you try to brake and steer at same time, car just goes straight toward what you're wanting to miss.

I used to think subaru ABS really sucked. When it was slippery I couldn't stop. Pissed off I took out the ABS fuse thinking I could magically stop better in a straight line than the computer can. Forget trying while turning (stupid anyway....)

To my surprise, I still couldn't stop worth crap.

Confused and befuddled I went and bought some snow tires. Then, with or without ABS my car stopped amazingly well. And honestly, probably stops faster with ABS, especially with some feathering of the brake pedal.

It's amazing what snow tires can do that bald all seasons can't.

Last edited by a moderator:
The ABS desn't suck. It't telling you there isn't enough grip for full braking. If yo trigger the ABS and just keep stomping down on the pedal, well you've seen that bad stuff tends to happen.

Best bet is to EASE OFF until you don't feel the pulsing--this gives you as much braking as you're gonna get. Counter-intuitive but it works way better than just giving up to ABS computer.

Another low-grip braking tech to save your bacon is also counter-intuitive. If brakes are not working, let off them entirely, push in clutch and just steer. Gives you best chance to regain grip and miss Bad Sheet. If you try to brake and steer at same time, car just goes straight toward what you're wanting to miss.
He speaks the truth. I am sure it is still a sore subject though. Best of luck with the claim.

It just seems like my old corolla with no abs or snows stopped better in the snow than my legacy did even with snows. Either way, whats done is done and ill have the insurance hike to show for it.

Just looked at a freshly traded in 06 fozzie 5 speed at evergreen, kdice said it shoukd be set to sell tuesday. Hopefully ill have the insurance all straightened out by then so I can be the proud owner of my second subie

Back