DSC_1541R.jpg

hdmlnium's new ride, waiting for the bigger SC in 2 weeks

DSC_1513R.jpg

DSC_1512R.jpg

carb'd turbo flat 4 in a drag bug.

DSC_1505R.jpg

DSC_1528R.jpg

Good meeting you, man.

Nice pics, and I dug your WRX, can't wait to see it all fresh-painted.

As to the "show", well, I prolly' should have gone over to see the "classic" cars, but I was kinda' peessed at the way they put the "other" cars (read: imports) way off and out of the way in a corner. That wasn't cool.

Geesh, imo it's equal treatment or I won't be back next year, we can do better in a Wendy's parking lot on a Saturday night.

I was kinda' peessed at the way they put the "other" cars (read: imports) way off and out of the way in a corner. That wasn't cool.

Geesh, imo it's equal treatment or I won't be back next year, we can do better in a Wendy's parking lot on a Saturday night.
have had pretty good luck getting group "paddock space" by contacting the BE show organizers ahead of time. you tell em, "we got xx cars of xx brand" and they'll put you somewhere other than out back by the port-a-potties. did this with the Down East Region Porsche club several years, we got awesome position right by a main entrance gate.

I think the BE orgs are more tapped into the classic, street-rod and Euro sports scene, I also know they've had significant probs in the past with the tuner crowd, in terms of general turnout and on-site behavior.

Ah, "Club Sideways Baseball Caps" a/k/a "Junior Gangstas" struck again?

It figgers'.
I dont bother going to look at imports when i'm at a car show. I see those sorts of cars on the streets all the time, why go to a show to look at them? Most of the import tuner trends make me sick to my stomach, in 30 years maybe I wont mind looking at some makes and models from nowadays.

Visually old cars and rarities are more interesting to me. I think most people at car shows would agree with me also.

well, I agree with Andy for the most part - however, when I had my 1983 RX7, I got stuck with all the other imports - mostly Del Sol's and civics. It was very frustrating to be showing next to these dudes from Litchfield who pimped their Honda.

EDITED.

the show was pretty good, a lot less imports then usual.... we were repping honda pretty hard, had 5 cars, 3 were boosted 300whp+, all parked along the bus garage doors. (white nead shirt wearing crew :wave: lol) would have brought the leg, but it still has a big dent in the door haha

so how's about an update on NEAD for somebody who doesn't know (or care) about bygones.

where it is, what kind of tuning and mech work is the specialty, etc

i'd like to point out, i have zero opinion of mikey. i've never met him and he doesn't really post here enough to form even an online opinion of, but he seems well manned on stm.

ryan on the other hand, i have met, and i know many others that have met him. i'd tell the stories of why i dont like him, everything from rip-offs to physical retaliation, but i dont have the next 3 days to spend typing, not to mention i dont want the drama of getting caught up in all that, so i'll spare everyone. as for the nead patrons, well, look around at what most of the recent STM problems were sparked by....

that's all i'll say. again, i'm not starting a feud, but just saying that i have my 1st hand reasons for what i think.

nigel, they're behind the westbrook napa nearish the old f1 dyno, and they'll work on anything from trucks to imports to anyone who has money they're willing to give away. the last person i personally knew that went in there was told they'll only do bolt ons, and the customer still had to help the employee he was paying labor figure out how to install his cat-back, but maybe eclipses aren't their specialty. so with that i'm not sure what they are capable of/willing to do. i'm sure they have a phone number you can reach them at if you want any specific questions answered.

Back