Daves 2005 PSM WRX

dsmith

So after being on here for a little while I feel like I should start keeping track of the progress on my car. I bought my 2005 WRX from my work in January this year (2012). I don't have all that much done to it since it was automatic to start out with but I couldn't beat the price that my work gave me. So I bought it with some pretty big plans I guess you could say. It had 106k on it when i bought it and is my daily driver.

Here's kind of a bad picture of it when I first bought her

312dy1c.jpg

I drove her through the winter and spring without touching anything on the car

the first thing I ended up buying was an HKS bov

34e6c1e.jpg

next came my greddy catback

jhro6f.jpg

Rally Armors and picked up an 06 sti trunk for 100$ that I had on for about a month and its now currently being prepped and ready for a paint job to match my car.

oqlohl.jpg

Now to the fun part, i was finally able to save up the money to get rid of this stupid automaticness, and got Meyagi to do my 5spd swap!

all done and I do have the right shift boot and trim now lol

2vnry3d.jpg

sti hood scoop

1256ds8.jpg

SPT intake

2zjgmet.jpg

also got a godspeed catless 3" DP but no picture

and my most current mod are raceland coilovers

wwanar.jpg

xd59q0.jpg

she sits nice, rides nice no complaints here!

Will try to keep updating as I buy more!

lol you bought riceland coilovers dave.... those may not last as long as your hoping, but they do get you low for cheap

once I start making more money i'm going to invest in better ones but i basically got these for free.

finally got my paint for the trunk, should be done and put back on my car sometime this week
default_woohoo.gif

eimio4.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Painted my trunk, need to touch up a couple spots that got runs in the clear coat and it will be good to go.

jb6c0n.jpg

Car looks amazing, nice job. Did you get an authentic HKS BOV or a china one, and how has it treated you? Do you notice any irregular idling or weird boost leaks, etc?

Car looks amazing, nice job. Did you get an authentic HKS BOV or a china one, and how has it treated you? Do you notice any irregular idling or weird boost leaks, etc?
Thanks, I bought the hks bov off of a friend who wasn't quite sure if it was actually hks or not but it looks, works, and sounds exactly how it should. So i'm not 100% sure if it is real, lol. Haven't noticed any weird idling or boost leaks yet.

Car looks great man! I think I've seen you around... do you ever come to the Alfred area?
Thanks! I live in Hollis and sometimes I'm around the limington or cornish area but I don't go through Alfred often.

Only reason I was asking, is that I was thinking of getting one for when I get tuned for stage 2. I'm not sure if it would be wise to use my stock recirc valve with my setup. I'm still researching that option, but Meyagi has an ebay ching chong one for his leggy and he hasn't had any problems with it either.

Swapped Trunks with Kembal today. Now I have STi trunk and wingless
default_additional_thumbsup.gif

166f8ud.jpg

gonna finish debadging it, don't know when i will put it on.

I might be swapping my wingless for an STI trunk! I also have Rob on here who might swap hoods with me. I'll have a sleeper 2.5i!! LOL

It was really nice out today so I decided to put my wingless trunk on! Definitely looks nice with the sti scoop

vqlixi.jpg

I will Prob see you around I live in Hollis surprised you haven't seen me yet , car looks great Craig stop being poser !!! Says pot to kettle
default_biggrin.png

And on side note my god paint has gone up , I used to paint and prices have almost doubled what used to be

Back