Finally it's done!!

EvilAsPie

First i would like to thank everyone who had any input on this upgrade project.

I special thanks to Mike (AkinaSpeedStar) for putting in a least 3 days work, and my father-in-law for helping us out when we got stuck.

Completed on my 1998 OBS:

Upgraded WRX struts and springs

Upgraded front 2 pot calipers w/10.7'' rotor and rear disks single pot 11.3'' rotors (H6)

Goodrich Stainless Steel brake lines.

SPT 2.5RS muffler

ProECM lightweight pulleys

JDM tail lights

new coolant

new tranny and rear diff fluid

new timing belt and AC,alt/PS belts

Tightened sway bar to middle setting (20mm)

I think that's everything...

Here's the rear hubs all off and ready for new disk hubs (getting to this point was probably the most challenging).

DSC03788.jpg

DSC03787.jpg

Here's the pretty stuff...

DSC03805.jpg

DSC03807.jpg

DSC03808.jpg

DSC03810.jpg

DSC03812.jpg

She's still in desperate need of bath, but it sure feels good to drive it again.

well theres more pictures then i thought you took! plus we have an excuse for not taking them, we would have had to keep running inside to clean up to touch the camra, other wise the brake fluid would have just melted it
default_wink.png

turned out good! your driving for lunch tomarrow!

Congrats!!!! So how's it feel??? Brakes better? More ponies with the pulleys & exhaust? Can't wait to take a ride when I get back in town!

Thanks man. The brakes are awesome!!! The handling is great, i look on some on/off ramps at lunch today pretty quick. Although is seams to be sitting at the same height, if not a little higher then before. This could be because my old struts were totally gone.

She definitely has more pep. It's no turbo, but it through some stuff out of the dash from under the radio while taking off form a stop. That's no big deal to you WRX people, but i thought it was cool.

Probably since the throttle is more sensitive and the exhaust is freer flowing, the intake is much loader. And i like it!

Back