GClarks Rice Rocket

GClark

Today, I sold the Impreza. It was sad, like saying good bye to your kid when you drop them off at college. Shortly after however, I said, "What Outback?"

1997 Acura Integra

280whp

Ls/vtec motor, arp head studs and rod bolts.

Ls trans with competition clutch stg 3

Greddy 20g turbo

Stainless turbo manifold

2.5" intercooler pipes

3" downpipe 2.5" catback with greddy evo 2 muffler.

Slotted rotors with performance pads.

Replica type r lip and spoiler

Tein coilovers.

16" bronze wheels

Car pulls hard, really hard. Torque steer is, interesting. BwaaahhhhhhhhhhhHHHHHHHHOHGODWHATISHAPPENING! Oh and I love the increased mpgs.

Needs a few minor things, new seats, couple little interior pieces. I'll be getting new wheels eventually, some baller wheels.

Last edited by a moderator:
Good to see you ended up with this. at least you know someone who can fix anything that goes wrong!!! Have fun with it!

nice looking ride, im curious I see a lot of guys with the LS swaps rather than a GSR? im sure theres a purpose for it I just dont know what it is haha I would think the GSR stuff would be better but I could be very wrong? is it a cost thing for most people or? Just curious, gorgeous car I want one myself
default_frown.gif

Make it a sleeper so you can suprise all the durrtylew ricers! Big question, is it faster than nates wrx?

its pretty damn fast I can assure you...and yes itll be great to know who built it and how to fix it if anything every happens....have mike put in a lsd and youll eliminate the torque steer!!!!! congrats man...you made a great choice

Good to see you ended up with this. at least you know someone who can fix anything that goes wrong!!! Have fun with it!
This thing is so much fun, I'm loving it so far.

nice car! I think you need to lift it...

I don't think so Justin...

nice looking ride, im curious I see a lot of guys with the LS swaps rather than a GSR? im sure theres a purpose for it I just dont know what it is haha I would think the GSR stuff would be better but I could be very wrong? is it a cost thing for most people or? Just curious, gorgeous car I want one myself
default_frown.gif
That's something Mike would know, I'm not hip to the honda stuff yet
default_wink.png

and thanks!

Make it a sleeper so you can suprise all the durrtylew ricers! Big question, is it faster than nates wrx?
I could get rid of the wing, but I like it. Faster then Nate's? Not sure, it's not far off from what his numbers were, 300whp iirc. He'd win off the line for sure, but once I Vtech, it's all over.

its pretty damn fast I can assure you...and yes itll be great to know who built it and how to fix it if anything every happens....have mike put in a lsd and youll eliminate the torque steer!!!!! congrats man...you made a great choice

Yes I gotta get one of those! I think I did too.

car was a original LS so why swap the whole motor when a GSR/B16 head drops right on. 9.0:1 comp ratio, good for boost, it made 160whp n/a then I built the turbo setup and at 6psi it makes almost 300. honda knows how to build a cylinder head that works properly. With a GSR transmission it would be even more fun to drive due to the gearing and shorter final drive.

I miss her already
default_frown.gif
I handed my fair share of ricers their a$$es in that car....

I love the car, but I honestly don't think I can deal with FWD any more. Driving my mom's Maxima this summer taught me how annoying torque steer can be. Your teggy probably (definitely) gets it worse than that car though.

Good luck in Orono/Lew with it...

Thanks! It's not terrible, but it can be very noticeable.

So on my hunt for new seats, I ran into a problem. Seats are expensive!! Unless I can find some baller seats for cheap, I'm going to get one of these:

This one's my favorite so far:

http://www.cipherauto.com/Racing-Seats/Cipher-Auto/CPA1016-Black-Cloth-With-White-Stitching

followed by

http://www.cipherauto.com/Racing-Seats/Cipher-Auto/CPA1016-Black-Cloth-With-Grey-Stitching-Racing-Seats

and also

http://www.cipherauto.com/Racing-Seats/Cipher-Racing/CPA1019-Black-Cloth-With-Suede-Insert-With-Grey-Outer-Stitching-Universal-Racing-Seats

What do you think

You wouldn't put evo parts in your car... What seats you like Matt

Back