harness install

akinaspeedstar

so my harness came when i got home from work today and i was bored so...

DSC00223.jpg

isn't it pretty?

DSC00224.jpg

the new eye bolts and the bolts you need to remove the seat

DSC00225.jpg

seat removed

DSC00226.jpg

eye bolt installed, the second one is on the shoulder anchor

DSC00227.jpg

belts attached

DSC00228.jpg

belts attached and seat back in, you loose a little length in the fact that it has to go around the seat

DSC00229.jpg

finished product.

im not gonna bother to do a write up. better people then i have done it. but i can see where a 5 point would come in handy now. you have to really cinch the lap belt so that it doesn't ride up, and i with the shoulder belts i wish they were just a little bit longer. im sure i can mess with it and get a little more length but it works.

the pics of the back seat look like crap...why don't you open the back door and take the pictures...

You need to relocate your extinguisher to the cabin.... You know in case your car catches fire and you can't get free of the harness. ;D

Seriously though looks good. You will have let the rest of us know how helpful they are.

It looks pretty close.

but regardless, those harnesses should not be used on the street. I am sure speedpants is going to be using them exlusively for AutoX which should minimize the spine crushing abilities if it is within a few degres of spec.

yeah street driving not so good with harness's i went down my road and back last night just to check them out, and you can't lean foreward to see if anyone is comeing or twist to look at your blind spot.

i've looked at a lot of things on this and they aprear to be with in spec. if just barely. i haven't put an angle finder on the rear straps but they look ok. it's not for a FIA rally or anything anyway just auto x and i just had an idea on how to build a harness bar into my car. but i don't have anyway to cut bend and weld it haha

i just had an idea on how to build a harness bar into my car. but i don't have anyway to cut bend and weld it haha
I just so happen to know/be someone who may be able to do that for you!!!! ;D ;D

haha mint someday when were feeling ambitious, we should fab up something
default_biggrin.png

my idea is to have it go from the top shoulder mount to the bottem seatbelt anchor. like striaght down or back and liitl bit and then down so you can move the seats back and forth, then a bar going across attached to the virticle bars. and if you needed/wanted to triangulate you run two bars down to the seat bracket bolts.

Back