Headgasket issues-please help

vermont22gt

OK, maybe someone else here has had to go thru this. I don't know which headgaskets to use.

Here's the lowdown---97 phase 1 2.5 block with 96 phase 1 2.2 heads. I'm unsure what HG to run. If anyone here has ever built one of these engines or has any idea please chime in.

IBratmanI

Subaru Ambassador- AdidaSubarus
OK, maybe someone else here has had to go thru this. I don't know which headgaskets to use.
Here's the lowdown---97 phase 1 2.5 block with 96 phase 1 2.2 heads. I'm unsure what HG to run. If anyone here has ever built one of these engines or has any idea please chime in.
Got to the dealer and get Subaru OEM head gaskets. Do not use aftermarket, they all seem to fail. I have heard many stories of people that use aftermarket head gaskets in the 2.5's and they fail again in a short period of time. Spend the extra little bit. Evergreen offers a discount to members of this site:D. Good luck!!

vermont22gt

Got to the dealer and get Subaru OEM head gaskets. Do not use aftermarket, they all seem to fail. I have heard many stories of people that use aftermarket head gaskets in the 2.5's and they fail again in a short period of time. Spend the extra little bit. Evergreen offers a discount to members of this site:D. Good luck!!
I did get a set of OEM HG's for a 98 RS 2.5. Coolant passages are in the wrong spot in comparison to where they are in the head.

Anyone here know what to do?

LostinMaine

8/26/85 - 5/23/10
this is the problem i have read about in on legacy central when doing 2.5 heads on a 2.2 i assume its an exact opposite problem. ill find the thread and link it for you

vermont22gt

this is the problem i have read about in on legacy central when doing 2.5 heads on a 2.2 i assume its an exact opposite problem. ill find the thread and link it for you
Excellent! Thank You. By the way- I'm diggin your ride. I saw it somewhere @ NEFR 09. I think I did anyway.

Back