inski's day at the races

inski

The WRX from Auburn, Maine. Doug found a very good combo during qualifying and showed a s4it-ton of power over taking 15 other race cars. The brakes didn't hold up for the final but Doug held it all together for a first in class and 8th (?) overall.

DSC00035.jpg

A couple 914s

DSC00036.jpg

Action on the paddock

DSC00037.jpg

Formula Vee

DSC00038.jpg

Mazda in the pits

DSC00040-1.jpg

Ooooooh!

DSC00044-1.jpg

A couple new wrinkles on the WRX

DSC00046.jpg

DSC00047-1.jpg

Doug bringing home the checkered flag! Congrats Doug for winning. Pretty amazing day!

DSC00048-1.jpg

DSC00050-1.jpg

Rainbows on the way home.

DSC00051-2.jpg

DSC00052-1.jpg

I got a video of the formula vee group, I'll post once uploaded.

Can I vulture a set of R-comps when you are almost done with them? I am doing one or maybe two hillclimb events this year.

Congrats BTW!!

Talk to The Short One for parts and whatnot. I doubt any tires will be available this season. The Bridgestones are doing wicked good. Mega grip, good wear at high temp. Worth every penny if you're doing ANY pavement games.

Brakes. WRX brakes suck. Napa brakes suck, Autozone brakes suck the fat one! Peoples doing actual driving DO NOT scrimp on your brakes. Doug wore out a brand new set of off the shelf brakes in less than 20 minutes. Gone.

Subaru pads if you're never planning on hitting the track. Mine have lasted nearly 70k.

Hawk, EBC, Carbotech, or any other performance type, if you're gonna be hill climbing or road course. The Napa-Autozone-Car Quest will really disappoint the performance orientated driver.

yaaay EG race team!

gotta love it when Maineahs build they own race car and then beat the crap out of it and still come home with the goods.

I have a silver bugeye hood (slightly dinted) in the parts pile ifn' y'all needs one.

and yes Inski that white #54 914 is some f'n wikked noice.

Back