Leather race seats and winter mode

Evan

DSCF8966.jpg

DSCF8969.jpg

DSCF8968.jpg

DSCF8955.jpg

i'm waiting until it actually snows to take the lip off, but the 18's are already off and the snows are on.

the race seats are just some knock off recaro-shaped seats. black leather with red stitching, reclinable and slidable. the brackets to get the seats mounted were a grandma, and they sit lower than normal because they dont have the height-adjustable section that the stock wrx seats have. they were also slightly wider than the stock seats, so i needed to bend in the sides to get them to where i wanted them. they might be just right for someone in the 200lb range though. they're nice and comfy though.

Where did you get those? and how much$$$??

I would definitely like to check those out in person!!

egay as the haters call it. they definetly aren't the quality of the $800 recaros that they look just like, but even the recaros are made out of vinyl. for $250 a pair they cant be beat. me_sti or myself might be having a garage day soon, in which case you could see them there.

the drivers seat looks a foot lower than the passenger. Had the same phenomena in my RS when the WRX seats were in it.

Looks good tho. Now you've got to add a splash-o-red to the rest of the interior.

yeah i measured from the roof down to the seat of the stockers, its just under 3ft. now i need to raise the race seats up to that, maybe using some aluminum blocks i've got sitting around.

you might like it low, try it for awhile. I like low way better than high. My VW sits about the same hieght as the RS, but the VW seat is lower in the car and it just seems better for me. Working the wheel from the bottom half of it seems more natural than working from the sides or top of it. Maybe it just me.

i've had them like that for about a week now and i dont like not being able to see up over the hood. its ok for cruising because i can lower the steering wheel, but in traffic it sucks not having the same perspective i used to. i'm also only 5'10", taller people might find it fine. i think a 1.5-2" riser would be all i need.

but you tend to slide around in them a lot.

<---- experience in said matter.

only when your body isn't properly kept in place by the shape of the seat and seat belt. yeah if its a leather bench seat your going to slide around, but when you have big ass bolsters on either side if your thighs, stomach and sholders and a seat belt in front of you, you dont have many choices on where to go.

Very true, I am sure. My only experience was riding in Pedro's stock WRX leather seats. He was trying to tell me to lock the seatbelt in place, but I didn't listen. That was an interesting lap after that.

Very true, I am sure. My only experience was riding in Pedro's stock WRX leather seats. He was trying to tell me to lock the seatbelt in place, but I didn't listen. That was an interesting lap after that.
would it be appropriate to say.... I told you so?

Of course it would be. I've already admitted my error. Now, rubbing it in was not called for.
default_biggrin.png

Maybe I need a set of these for the WRX.... The sunroof takes away a couple inches of headroom which makes sitting in the passenger seat very uncomfortable (one of my WRX complaints). It just means that i have to drive all the time because the drivers seat has a height adjustment...

Evan, just put a phone book under your butt to boost yourself up a bit.

Better yet, go to Denny's and swipe a booster seat. I'm sure they won't miss it.
default_biggrin.png

Back