Lip lip pic.

Evan

just a quick snapshot in the rain of the lip i just made. cost about $16 in the end.

DSCF0532.jpg

nearly indestructible too.

DSCF0535.jpg

Can you throw up a parts list so I can copy you?
default_wink.png
Just kidding, looks good, but really I've wanted to make one for a while. What parts did you use?

is that the garage door strip lip?

Yeah, parts list and places please. ;D

8) 8) 8) x10 better than that lawn edging lip. This one looks OE-ish, like it belongs there. 8) 8) 8) 8)

i just used garage door sealer, its an L-shaped foam strip that goes under the door. the 9ft length will be enough to go all the way around. in the middle is some random black plastic thing so that it would go straight across.

Home Depot? Lowes? Aubuchon? Ace? I might attempt it on the Golf or Rs.
i bought this at home depot, although lowes should also have it.

the only reason i did the plastic corner molding on the lego was to make up for the overly short bumper, something that the garage door sealer wouldnt have hung low enough to do.

How'd you attach it? Curious to see how it holds up.
1" sheet rock screws with washers on them about every 4". the bigger the better on the washers.

i'm not too worried about it. its gonna take years for them to rust apart, and even then they're only screwed into plastic so they're not that hard to get out with pliers. all those stainless screws probably would have doubled the cost of the project too.

I always though plows have them on top, so the snow wont go over the plow, but i'm not sure.

Either way, it looks nice, man. Good job

I tried this the other day as well but for me I wasn't so lucky. How did you get it around the bend without making it look sloppy?

Back