Lobstahmobile: The Aftermath...

-=Lobstah=-

Here we go....

DSCF4738.jpg

DSCF4741.jpg

DSCF4737.jpg

DSCF4736.jpg

And the last two, that have remind me of a Rally Cow.....without the Rally..

DSCF4742.jpg

DSCF4739.jpg

that doesn't look to bad if you can get it to cough up the grass chunks.let me know if you need any help fixing it

that really doesn't look that bad. the radiatior suport looks straight, it would defanatly take a trip to the body shop but it doesn't look THAT bad. not like evils or inski's

+1 - repairable for sure.

here's the question:

Value of car prior to accident - cost to fix it = $xxxx

Value of car after accident without fixing it = $xxxx

Value of parted-out car = $xxxx

IMO, you'll find the greatest value in repairing it. This does not look severe. Your biggest pain will be finding a donor car to get the parts from.

My major concern is that the pass. side wheel (the side of the impact in the ditch) is moved a little to the back (about 1" compared to the drivers side wheel)

My major concern is that the pass. side wheel (the side of the impact in the ditch) is moved a little to the back (about 1" compared to the drivers side wheel)
Control arm bent, maybe the strut too.Usually the cradle survives well, control arms are designed to bend easily

You're right inski, the arm is shot....hopefully that's the only thing

Well, as far as the body damage goes... Just had a friend of mine look at it. So far the rough toll is: front radiator support replacement - $500 (parts+labor), rear QP - $700-800 (labor only). the numbers are a little better than i thought, but still are up there.

So, the RS is getting repaired... Gonna start with fixing the front, so i can put everything back together and drive it (if the diffs are not shot), rear QP will be a delayed project due to the costs, though it will be somewhat straightened out to fit the taillight.

that's the scoop for now...

i would not replace the rad. support by what i can see in your pic.s a slide hammer could pull most of that out

i would not replace the rad. support by what i can see in your pic.s a slide hammer could pull most of that out
true, but to get everything lined up right, i'll need to have it done. Plus i'd rather not cut corners on the body repair, and have it done right the first time, everything else is easily replaceable....

its not cutting corners and it your $500 just thought you would like to keep it in your wallet :-[

Back