Meyagi's down and dirty exhaust + some of my engine build

westboundjude

the engine is a 2.5 SOHC block and 2.2l heads. CR of 12:1 I used a 2.5l DOHC ecm to run it. the exhaust is a $140 china header and 2 2.5 inch class packs and a china fart pipe. the exhaust took about 2 hrs to make at mikes garage and made a noticeable power gain. I definitely recommend building this full exhaust to any one driving an N/S car. total cost was about $350, very reasonable considering the price of name brand cat back systems for newer cars. (oh yes, sounds amazing and is tolerable for daily driver) oh ya the lifted look is out back struts with h6 springs and the tires are 225/55 r 17.

Last edited by a moderator:
Let me help,

subaruenginebuild210.jpg

subaruenginebuild202.jpg

subaruenginebuild199.jpg

subaruenginebuild181.jpg

subaruenginebuild181.jpg

subaruenginebuild174.jpg

subaruenginebuild172.jpg

subaruenginebuild167.jpg

subaruenginebuild157.jpg

Looking good!
default_rolleyes.gif

Thanks Mike. Forgot what they were really called, but I remembered seeing them at VIP called cherry bombs.

Weird name...

cherry bomb has been around forever!!!! my setup has one as well...paint didnt last but it sounds excellent....

Awesome wagon! I'm jealous. I wish my legacy was a wagon, I've had serious wagon envy lately.

You should get some JDM headlights for it, that would be awesome
default_cool.png

thank you gclark you are the man!

jdm projectors look really nice but my next focus is going to be fixing my rear quarter panels and loose some of the rust .

Last edited by a moderator:
Ray tried to use a glasspack as a resonator on his old rs and it was a major fail. Not only did it sound horrible but it rubbed on everything when downshifting and didn't go right at all. I'm glad to see you made this work. I would like to hear it in person sometime.

glasspacks make great resonators. theres two on Kyles legacy, it sounds awesome... as good or better then some wrx's ive heard. Ive got 2 on my accord welded end to end, for the money you cant go wrong.

Back