My 1998 2.5RS

Mark

I.E. The aftermath of me buying an STi just prior to the economy taking a dump.

For those that didn't know I purchased Ray's old 98RS after I couldn't stand driving my "Recession" car, a Jeep Cherokee, as my roommate put it.

It was a bit rough around the edges, so to speak, but if anyone's been paying attention lately, I've been dumping some cash into it to bring it back to what it deserves.

Since there's a few things that need to be completed I thought I'd give a couple of teaser "Before" pics and jot down a list of things I'm working on. It's not quite a Gabe-like turnaround but I think I'll finally be able to enjoy it fully once I'm done, if that day ever comes. By that day there will be dozens of lifted OBS's roaming free around Maine.

Before:

2e3aeaac.jpg

After:

IMG_0011.jpg

Before:

decf7e87.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Additions:

99-01 style front bumper

Hella 500's mounted in stock fog location rewired for 130 watt bulbs

99-01 Crystal Clear OEM Headlights

Clear Aftermarket corners

KYB AGX struts

H&R Springs

Group N Tophats

Group N Motor Mounts

Motegi 17's with Dunlop Wintersport M3's

Headgaskets and all seals/supporting gaskets replaced

Borla Replica UEL Header

WRX Exhaust

Debadged, Destickered, and otherwise cleaned within an inch of it's life

I want 130w bulbs for my FF1000s
default_wink.png

Are those Nigel's springs?

I want pics
default_smile.png
. I still have not seen you around town AT ALL!

Annnnnnnnnnd finally some pics!

None with a real camera, but I think the iPhone 4 does it justice.

IMG_0011.jpg

IMG_0009.jpg

IMG_0006.jpg

IMG_0005.jpg

not as bad as i expected actually. i've driven worse at least. it rubs more when i hit bumps than turning really.

to those who don't know my luck with cars, here's a good example. Dropped off the rims with Matt at VIP. Got a call about an hour later letting me know that of course, my lugs don't fit. It needs tuner lugs. VIP is out of stock, so I either need to wait till next week or scramble to find some. After a few calls, the AutoZone in SoPo has some. So i drive over there, buy them, and bring them back to VIP. Turns out 1 of the 20 lugs are the wrong size...are you kidding me?! So now I'm driving with 4 lugs on a wheel and need to exchange it at AutoZone. Kudos to Matt and VIP for being patient with me scrambling around South Portland with my car in the garage.

Hey Mark,

Your car looks great. Are you getting rubbing with the H&R springs and struts installed on your car? Any feedback on how she handles with the M3`s.

Back