My 2008WRX VF52'd Bren tuned results.

Nate

Founding Father
Here are my results of my dyno tuning session today with Bren. FWIW the dyno software has been proven to read about 10hp lower then another local mustang dyno.
default_wink.png
Temps were hot today, and some heat soaking occured. This is a average of all runs. 306 two consecutive runs, and a heat soaked 298 (if i remember right) on another. The car is awesome! So smoooooth now.

Mods look like this:

VF-52

SPT catback

Tsudo DP

Perrin Intake

IAG up pipe

38mm EWG

Perrin TMIC

GT Spec lightweight pulley

Turbo XS MBC

This is all running 91 octane, and I think the EWG help with that. Running near 97% injector duty cycle on stock injectors. Also I ran into a tad bit of a UP leak at the manifold. Damned hard piped UP. Wish it had a flex. Thinking about added a Grimmspeed double thick gasket, and some extra muscle.

Tell me whatcha think.

VF52SEDAN302final.jpg

Nate, Ryan told me you were going down to get tuned. Really nice numbers seeing how you are still on the stock injectors. You need to upgrade those puppies in a hurry.

I am kind of surprised your turbo didn't spool up on the tq side a lil faster than it shows. Maybe cause the injectors cannt keep up? Nice pulls though.

The injectors never once maxed out on their duty cycle. No issues there. The stock injectors I have out flow the older STI pink injectors of the later years. Those are all people ever need when running a VF series upgrade. Nothing needs to be done till I get a bigger turbo.

I am happy with the results for now. Its 10 times more drivable at this point.

Nice job Nate. Those are impressive numbers. Side note how did you get your front grill like that?

Last edited by a moderator:
Oh sorry I miss understood you. I thought you said you max'ed out the injectors. Sorry guess I didn't read close enough.

Nate, Ryan told me you were going down to get tuned. Really nice numbers seeing how you are still on the stock injectors. You need to upgrade those puppies in a hurry. I am kind of surprised your turbo didn't spool up on the tq side a lil faster than it shows. Maybe cause the injectors cannt keep up? Nice pulls though.
That's one downside to how the sheet reads, similar to a dyno dynamics. Torque is always late. Peak torque in his logs is around 3700 in 3rd.

Back