My '95 Legacy "Tailgating" Wagon/Beater

n2vdubz

Well I finally took some pics of my daily driven '95 Legacy wagon, but I took them with my phone, so I appoligize in advance for the poor picture quality.

My father originally bought the Subaru last year to save gas so he didn't have to drive his '03 Jeep Liberty Renegade so much. It had been a trade in I believe to Brillant Motors in Topsham. It had previously been in an accident I think (new passenger side headlight, door, fender), and some kid had taken it upon himself to paint the interior trim (and some of the exterior trim).....which was poorly prepped I might add. My father drove it for a few months, but let me borrow it since I was having some car trouble at the time.

After "borrowing" his car for a while, he eventually gave in and sold it to me for what he paid for it. It was off the road for about a month while I replaced some much needed parts to pass an inspection (Tie rod ends, rear struts, valve cover gaskets, ball joints e.t.c).

The Subie currently has 233,000 miles, and I'm hoping to atleast keep her running long enough to reach 250K. Crossing my fingers for 300K, or even 500K, but who knows.

This is my first Subaru, and I gotta say I love the AWD, especially in winter. I have since replaced most of the interior trim, with woodgrain trim I ganked from a '94 Legacy wagon I found at Roberts Auto in Topsham, and I would like to paint it over the winter. I'm thinking a two tone paint job with the WRX blue below the trim line, and a gun metal grey or silver color above. I'm trying to keep the whole "Cowboys Fan" theme going here with the white, blue and silver.

Anyhow, here's some very poor quality pics. It's definately not pretty, but I like it. If you see me around, please be sure to honk and wave, or say hello. I love talking cars no matter what make/model.

7726_291125610197_503110197_9289915_3256224_n.jpg

7726_291125620197_503110197_9289916_2015886_n.jpg

7726_291125625197_503110197_9289917_1623546_n.jpg

7726_291125605197_503110197_9289914_406957_n.jpg

Hehe, I was thinking of designing a two-tone World Rally Blue and grey/silver/black paint job. I would go the other way around though, and put blue up top.

It's been an excellent winter car so far, did great in the snow last year. I'm curious to see how it goes this year with the near suspension and such. My Dad bought it for cheap, and it's been worth it so far.

My mechanic who did my inspection said the underneath looks great, and has no rust at all. I took a look and was surprised at how nice it actually was.

I want to keep it running well into the 300K range if I can, but if something major happens, I'll have to pick up another beater Subaru and start over.

I drive it like a granny car, it's definately no race car, so why drive it like one. Just simple transportation to get me where I need to go. I hope this kind of driving will prolong it's mechanical life.

Excellent one of the guys that I work with will love the Cowboy decals, I'm glad it's not Patriot decals.
My Dad is a big Pat's fan, so I think he may have been a little dissapointed that his old car had been turned into a rolling Cowboys billboard hehe.

Just remind him of the loss to the Bronco's and he will forget about it.
default_biggrin.png
Boooooooooo. Hehehe.
default_biggrin.png
Hey, it happens. The Bronco's are doing pretty well this season, and the Saint's too. There's a surprise.

Back