My new Miata!!

Car Whore

Pedro,you have a kindred spirit here again! (anyone else have one ?)

Just picked it up Saturday...it's a 93 Miata,the last year of the 1.6 but has the newer nose and Mazda emblem of the 94-97 cars.133k miles,1 female owner until 2004 and 120k.I'm the third (the guy I bought it from was really cool but going through a divorce and had to sell),all records since new,stock except for roll bar,cd player and new top with glass rear window.Drives as good as the 1996 I had w/30k miles on it! It's due for a timing belt and some other maintenence,so that's coming first before I do anything else.I'll probably tackle it myself to save money and learn on.I've already ordered an R front lip from Good-Win Racing,though.....I wanted one so bad for my last car,so I had to grab one while I could.

9497d0c8bd661c35cc61ad41ed5fef4a0_large.jpg

82fd5685a8c7cba88c72d960423d803b0_large.jpg

Hmmmm....STMers getting Otters....it's A MOVEMENT!

Bought a one-owner white 94 couple weeks ago. Came with a stack of service records an inch thick. Totally 100% stock. New top and brakes in the month before sale. New Sony CD with MB Quart speakers louder than the ones in my living room.

CapeB, I'd be up for trading the 94 7-spoke 14x6 for those Minilite clones, if you're amenable.

Ordered Hard Dog Hard Core Hardtop bar, and some underbody stiffening. My miatamania.com account is threatening to put my Visa in jeopardy.....

Subaru....Mitata...mods....It's A Disease!

Welcome.

hey nice looking ride!

watch that oil pressure tho. I was down near 15psi at warm idle with 10-30. I jumped to some 20-50 and I am 35+ at warm now. and 65@redline.

default_smile.png

It's true...I'm pretty snug in there.My only gripe is my left foot has a hard time not pushing the clutch when I want to rest it on the dead pedal.I have to be really careful,and kinda turn my foot a little to get in there.Maybe I really do need some skinny driving shoes for this car!!

skootch under the driver side footwell with a flashlight...there's often bundles of wiring hangin down, a little ziptie action and poof! you got foot clearance. and yes, skinny shoes don't hurt. no Miata pedaling with your snowboard boots on!

CBrick, what tires you running on those minilite clones? I have Goodyear Eagle GT2s, new 185/60-HR-14s and would consider trading those as well. Need Falkens, need Falkens, etc.

you can't be a big guy to drive one and must have small feet ???

told you guys it was a girlie car
default_frown.gif

told you guys it was a girlie car
default_frown.gif
You wouldn't like driving one...no fun being sideways. Or getting 30mpg while griining like a idiot. ;D

And yesyesyes, Miatas ARE girlie cars...as in, chicks dig em. I get more female interest in the Miata than from all my Subarus combined. This is not a bad thing.

that car could really use 4 more cylinders, or an s/c.

looks like its in good shape though.

skootch under the driver side footwell with a flashlight...there's often bundles of wiring hangin down, a little ziptie action and poof! you got foot clearance. and yes, skinny shoes don't hurt. no Miata pedaling with your snowboard boots on!

CBrick, what tires you running on those minilite clones? I have Goodyear Eagle GT2s, new 185/60-HR-14s and would consider trading those as well. Need Falkens, need Falkens, etc.
The tires are almost new Generals or something,same size.Some generic tire,nothing special.

Back