My not a Subaru project. In the works for almost 20 years..The Nova lives!

smelt240

Ill post before pics soon,when I drag it out of its cave. Im going to be restoring my 1975 Nova SS. Car is currently sitting untouched since 2005.It used to do very well at shows,and cruises. I put a 355 out of our old (back when you could cheat,no crate motors) pro-stock roundy round car. With the big intake and carb,plus the super comp headers,I made just over 580hp. Car has 77,000 orig miles,I bought it with 42,000. Th350 trans,4000rpm converter,Marty Butler did the 4.56:1 posi rear end.Line lock,trans brake,rev. pattern manual valve body, Bench seat,column shift. 13.5:1 compression ratio,(yes,it shakes the ground) Dart angle plug heads,splayed 4 bolt block,lightened/balanced rotating assembly-JE pistons,eagle crank,scat rods....on and on. The car will be getting painted soon,House of Kolor metallic orion silver,with Pagan gold candy...white SS stripes down the rockers. New 3.5" dual exhaust,old Cragar SS mags,that I bought in 1991,with 3 bar spinner centers...

She's in sad shape right now,all grimed up,interior needs help. I sat in it for a couple hours the other day,and wanted to cry. Back then,with no traction whatsoever,I ran a 8.1 in the 1/8th. It has way more potential,which will be pulled out of it soon. Im hoping to see 7.2s or so,on street night. I dont want to cage it. Im guessing this will take a few months,snowplowing overtime will be a big help in the middle of it all. Looking for a pro-touring meets 70s street machine kind of idea....cant wait to hit the line lock,and destroy a nice new set of 285s....

Back