my three cars

InSaNeBoY

only one is 100% running right now, can you guess which one?

5.jpg

Where you trying to sell your GTi in Uncle Henrys?
nope, though I was going to sell it (think it's still listed on thesamba... )

and yah, Honda is the runner
default_frown.gif
GTi hates me, got a powersteering leak at 100,010K mi. thing is sometimes it'll dump the whole load of PS fluid and sometimes it doesn't leak at all, but it only leaks when the engine is off. ??? Ghia runs, just doesn't always like to stop.

That GTi brings back memories. My first car was a 1991 Black GTi 8v--exactly as pictured. Had 30K on the clock and was a great car for me--a lot of fun. I sold it before it started to do all those things that this generation VW does when it gets older and turns into a money pit....

I presume it has the four round headlights in front...always liked that look

and yah, Honda is the runner
default_frown.gif
GTi hates me, got a powersteering leak at 100,010K mi. thing is sometimes it'll dump the whole load of PS fluid and sometimes it doesn't leak at all, but it only leaks when the engine is off. ??? Ghia runs, just doesn't always like to stop.
put some Lucas power steering fluid in it. you might be surprised
there's an entire bottle in it already :-

yeah it's a quad round. got some euro lights in it too, euro tails, front/rear fogs.... I got it at 89K mi. it's gotten a tranny, clutch, lots of oil seals, valve cover gasket, shocks/struts, springs, tires(summer and winter), battery, radiator, belts, timing belt/tentioner, fuel filter, battery clamp, front bumper and fog lights... think it's gonna need a new PS pump, A/C finally died and two wheels are basically square...
default_frown.gif
Still other than some rust on the hood from rock chips there is not a speck of rust on 'er. underbody is insanely clean
default_smile.png
I love it and at the same time I hate it...

7.jpg

Back