new mods to my car (reworked rearend)

Nate

Founding Father
so ive been really busy over the passed few days. but ive sucessfully reworked the rear of my car. and i think shes looking good.

new mods:

*spray tinted tail lights

*color matched chrome strip

*painted lower bumper (black area between tips)

*i also removed the HUGE emblem from the trunk and replaced with a small one that i modified to be black.

pics:

100_1876.jpg

100_1877.jpg

100_1879.jpg

definitely looks better.saw you at dicks the other day by the way.

oh yah? saw the car? or saw me? i was picking up some cold weather under armor for a white water rafting trip im doing this weekend.

thanks for the compliments guys. im really happy with it.

glad to see it all come together! looks really clean
default_woohoo.gif

you're going to have to show with me how you tinted those tails, they looked sweet when I saw them in person.

yah basically. haha. but shes turning out nice i think. i like my car to look different then other 08 WRX's. ive hopefully accomplished that.

yah basically. haha. but shes turning out nice i think. i like my car to look different then other 08 WRX's. ive hopefully accomplished that.
hey did you notice a big difference when you put on your pulley? i did that in my focus and loved what it did an dhow quickly the car reved. is it a hard install. how much was yours?

got a good deal on the pulley which made it all worth it.. if i hadnt im not to sure i would have done it. with the 08's not having a tensioner pulley on the ac belt (you know the one going to "the pulley that doesn't spin" haha) you either have to cut the belt off and buy a new one ($70) or buy all the parts needed to add a tensioner and a new belt.

so once you add it all up with the cost of the pulley. its sort of an expensive mod. i didnt it cause the pulley (normally $140) was free.

and as for performance. yes it really makes a difference. soon as i put it on and went for a ride i hit the rev limiter a couple times accidentally cause i was heading to redline quicker then i was used to. but a down fall it you will notice when the ac is on more. with some extra weight gone on the pulley, once the ac condensor kicks on it can be felt a little more in the motor.

Nate, it looks great!

Nice work getting rid of (gasp!) chrome!!

I have an idea... Why not a JDM (YO!
default_smile.png
) "Black I" badge for the trunk?

-----Added 9/3/2009 at 08:46:53-----

I think so.

Once you do the black "ghost roof" it's really gonna' rock!
default_smile.png

Back