new whippp

ryan13

Well I sold the STi and was looking for another toy. I was originally looking at late 90s foresters but I came across this and couldn't pass it up. Complete IMPULSE buy.
default_tongue.png
I'm not done with subaru but this thing should be interesting for the time being. Most likely I will end up selling my 93 ranger DD and get back into a subaru for a DD.

For now... Here is the newish 1984 Cutless Supreme

-Olds 350

-Holley 650 carb with k&n filter

-2 1/2 inch custom exhaust with x pipe into magnaflows with LT's

-Accel ignition

-442 sways

-3.73 gears, 3spd auto

-drilled and slotted rotars with remanned calipers up front

43334.jpg

43332.jpg

43329.jpg

43776.jpg

43334.jpg

43332.jpg

43387.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks for the comments! I'm pretty pumped. Was completely random and out of the blue so lets hope it was worth it. Now I have to remember how to work on an American car lol

nice. try to keep some tread
default_wink.png
Its an olds 350.. he'll have to sway that cutlass to get the one wheel squeal deal.

and for cripes sake go back to a 600...that 650 aint doing nothing there.

I have owned 3 of those chassis.. and drove around several more, relative owned

2 monte carlo SS, one finally got a 5.7 from hell

and a grand prix LE.. with alloys I have not seen again.

all of them floor shiftered, tachs, sway bars.. by gm.

a relative owned the styile in photo, the 307,

and I drove an even older one, not many remember. one headlight each side.

I found the bodies way too light for a classic 5.7 snap even at 3400 pounds.

the olds engine is very nice. I also like the cutlass with the 307 egr-less.... a million mile candidate on the 4speed auto...and the 600 holley.

very very nice ride, seriously.. one could drive 12 hours without an ache, of course if there is no wobbles etc .

I may go hunt one down again as well. Imagine driving year round in northern maine in one of those for a couple of years. Crazy in a way. That is why I am here with a welded subaru.
default_additional_sillylol.gif

43363.jpg

you aren't kidding about the comfort thing...its more comfy than my couch! haha.

Also I forgot to mention. This was originally a 307. The 350 was swapped in 7000 miles ago.

as far as the 600 vs the 650, I honestly don't know a thing about these or how they work so I def have to start doing my research.

The body is absolutely MINT. NO RUST! It was a FL car until 2.5 years ago and I am only the third owner of the thing. The guy before me bought it in 09 off a member of the family of the original owners. The only concern is the 3 speed tranny. It is original and was meant for the 307 not the 350. The rear end is set up for a 442...

My only plan for it is to put a radio in it since there is nothing now. Besides that I am going to do my best to not screw around with it
default_additional_sillylol.gif

Its an olds 350.. he'll have to sway that cutlass to get the one wheel squeal deal.and for cripes sake go back to a 600...that 650 aint doing nothing there.

I have owned 3 of those chassis.. and drove around several more, relative owned

2 monte carlo SS, one finally got a 5.7 from hell

and a grand prix LE.. with alloys I have not seen again.

all of them floor shiftered, tachs, sway bars.. by gm.

a relative owned the styile in photo, the 307,

and I drove an even older one, not many remember. one headlight each side.

I found the bodies way too light for a classic 5.7 snap even at 3400 pounds.

the olds engine is very nice. I also like the cutlass with the 307 egr-less.... a million mile candidate on the 4speed auto...and the 600 holley.

very very nice ride, seriously.. one could drive 12 hours without an ache, of course if there is no wobbles etc .

I may go hunt one down again as well. Imagine driving year round in northern maine in one of those for a couple of years. Crazy in a way. That is why I am here with a welded subaru.
default_wink.png

cannot possibly imagine a more opposite choice of auto compared to an STI. heh, at least Ryan admits it was a "totally random-impulse-out of the blue" choice.

emotions make us do weird things. holy boudoir batman, check out the maroon crushed velvet seats.

However, a Darth Vader Cutlass gots a certain grooviness goin on, nobody will NOT see that thang rumblin down Main St!

Warning, you may have biker chicks crawlin all over you now.

Hehe, I got a 1980 Z28 Camaro 3 speed auto with 4.11 gears! That thing is a torque beast! Very quick acceleration but sadly no top end :-( Looks really clean! Enjoy my friend.

gotta love the mechanical simplicity of the Olds...heh it came from a time where "drive by wire throttle" means it had an actual wire cable connextin the go pedal and the 4bbl

got it all registered and insured today and drove it all around. I freakin love this thing already! So COMFY! and so bad a$s!! the true dual magnaflows sound so good.

Back