Newcomer

Jsmith

Hey guys, I'm pretty new to this forum so I would basically like to introduce myself. The names Jordan Smith, my brother is Dave Smith (Dsmith) I'm 18 years old tomorrow and am new to the car world. As of yesterday I am the proud owner of a 01 Forester S 2.5 and would like to know more about mods and performance stuff. 

I'm not very good with introductions so this is probably the best you're gonna get. But any information you have that you think would be good for me to know PLEASE reply to this topic.
default_smile.png

IMG_20130311_203050.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Welcome.

The question of getting more performance out of an N/A engine has been beaten to death. So here is a list of all that you can do with your engine:

Intake

Exhaust

Cams

Anything else has pretty much been found to give minimal gains. If you want it to really go then it is down to swapping.

Now, if you want you can go the route of making it even more off-road friendly. Bratman can certainly point you in the right direction for that as he has turned out a nice looking lifted Forester S.

Welcome.

As for mods. Just drive it and if you need to do mods, just do bushings and springs/struts for what you wanna do. Engine mods are worthless, just learn to drive better.

I have extra forester parts if you need anything. (green doors, hatch, fenders, all lights, fog lights, suspension) I have a ton of stuff kicking around from parting out a 2001 forester.

Welcome!  Instead of go, I agree with Dan... work on driving skills, and suspension mods are a great way to make these cars more fun to drive!  Just the addition of swaybars and endlinks can make a HUGE difference.

Supercharger is not worth doing and if you have to ask "how do I do this guys" you shouldn't be doing it.

If you really want power sell it and get a turbo forester/wrx/legacy/whatever. Doing a swap isn't worth it because they made turbo foresters from the factory and they're cheap.

I agree with Dan, as cool as a supercharger may be they're certainly not worth it in most vehicles. With a n/a forester you're going to have a lot more fun with it if you focus on your suspension, wheels, tires and of course good ol' fashioned seat time. Welcome to the site by the way, keep us updated on what you decide to do!

Hey Guys & Gals,

My name is Beau and I just joined the forum yesterday. I'm originally from Santa Clara, California but have been living in Maine the last four years (my family is originally from Maine). I am patiently waiting for my 13 WRX Premium to get here so I can pick it up. I have always been a WRX fan just never pulled the trigger to get one. Glad to be part of Mainely Subarus and can't wait to meet and ride with some of you.

Back