Oh noes!!! My wheels got angry... you don't like 'em when they're angry...

mikebike357

Like the Hulk, someone made my wheels angry....

so they turned green:

09-19-06_2028.jpg

Ok ok... it's just Duplicolor etching primer... and the camera phone made it really really green...

here's some other pics of the finished product and the sanded vs. finished...

09-19-06_2117.jpg

09-19-06_2118.jpg

To answer your question... YES, they were a grandma to sand... Paint is Duplicolor Wheel Paint - Graphite. Rims are stock 04-05 Forester XT.

The green actually looked pretty cool. The pic is waaaaaay greener than it actually was. Could have been interesting...

How much sanding did you have to do Mike? I had to order paint through NAPA in Farm'ton, but if the weather holds out I am going to try to do mine before I change to steelies so I don't have to spray in my basement. Oh, and BTW yours looook mahvelis!

I just sanded enough to take the shine off of the whole wheel so that the primer had something to grab onto. Took probably about 30min per wheel. The split 6 spoke was a beeyatch. Time consuming... I suspect I could have sanded much quicker on my stocker XS rims.

Maybe i'll pick up another set of wheels and paint 'em green just for the holidays.

Today I slapped another light coat of graphite on followed by a couple coats of clear. They turned out pretty nice! I'm impressed with my painting ability. I think SoPoSube got high while I was painting... he was kickin' back, suckin' in the fumes. I'm gonna let the wheels chill for about a week then wash & wax 'em. Then get the snows mounted up. Weeee! Bring on teh snow, yo!

They are the hawtness... the more I look at 'em on the car, the more I like 'em. May have to swap the summers onto these rims at the end of winter... or else find another set of XT rims, paint them and sell my XS rims...

Back