Old No.7. The story of a parts car.

inski

Just picked up a parts car for cheap. Its my 7th OBS. I have a feeling its not going to be a parts car.

1998 green OBS. 188,000 miles. Yeah, I drove it home. So far its better than my current ride, except it def has an exhaust leak.

Pics later and more of what I find underneath....

Its all fixable, right? Haha we'll see.

I did a lot of miggin on my son's rear strut towers. This one is not as bad, no holes on the outboard outside of the strut towers. The exhaust did get worse today during a test beat. Probably the typical rotten cat flange snot. I can hear front links clunking too. And the pass mirror is cracked. The former owner's mechanic absolutely condemned the car for state inspection. I'll get it on a lift this weekend and find out the troof.

I did a lot of miggin on my son's rear strut towers. This one is not as bad, no holes on the outboard outside of the strut towers. The exhaust did get worse today during a test beat. Probably the typical rotten cat flange snot. I can hear front links clunking too. And the pass mirror is cracked. The former owner's mechanic absolutely condemned the car for state inspection. I'll get it on a lift this weekend and find out the troof.
Inski I hope it`s all fixable and btw hows the new job going ?

Welp, the rear sub frame is rotten. However, the rest is very good including new KYBs at all 4 corners. I suspect changing the rear subframe will turn into a snowball train wreck but I think its still worth saving. Other minor stuff needs attention but those are cheap fixes.

Sub frame found

Alloys sand blasted and began painting.

looking for a 6 disc, possibly found.

Thinking maybe this needs a turbo. I have a shelf at work with 15 Saab turbos, intercoolers everywhere. Maybe I need to stick with all Subaru scaps. It will be easier to run the exhasut and plumbing. Still in thinking mode.

Every time I remember to snap a picture its dark out.

Looks a lot like this green one except with steelies and hub caps.

Photo098.jpg

This project is going slow because for some reason my son's car needs all kinds of things done that are super emergencies according to his mom.
default_rolleyes.gif

Rear Sub-frame is in!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

That project went very well.  I'm purdy stoked.  Ole No.7 is on the road, registered and insured.  I got WRX wheels on it already.  Swapping the RS seats and steering wheel tomorrow.  Did I mention I'm purdy stoked?  This car is way prettier than my current war wagon and 50k less miles.  Wash and wax and pics tomorrow.

Need an axle back.  actually I need 2 axle backs. One for new car, one for old car.

Thanks RallyCraig2.5RS for the nice deal on the rear sub frame.
default_smile.png

This project is starting to cost money.  $70 for PS lines, wtf!.  06 WRX Mufflah $50.  

In:

RS seats

RS steering wheel

RS knob

WRX 6 disc

WRX alloys w/beat down snows

Autopart Int front pads

RS rear sub frame sand blasted and POR15-ed.

About to be in:

Mufflah

PS lines

Still way under budget.

been driving this for a month or so now.  Fixed the rusted out PS rack tube.  Def needs an alignment after the sub frame replacement.  Looks good with the 06 wrx muffler, sounds meh.  Needs spark plugs or something.  Kind of numb compared to the last OBS.  I guess I should put up pictures soon.

Thinking about selling this.  Thinking a lot about a certain Toyota.

$1800 with the RS stuff inside.

I have a friend who is looking for OBS's. Not sure what his budget is, but if it goes up for sale I'd definitely push him towards one you own...

You see that quite a lot, some random mechanic says the car will never take a sticker again, and they sell it for cheap with no second opinion.  I even got a car for free under that circumstance before.  Shame really, in a way...

Back