one lap car

that car proves that the sti lower difuser looks like hell on a GC. aside from that i want the roof wing!!

oh and i LOVE time attack cars!

This is a one lap car, it will be driven cross country stopping to compete in motorsports events along the way. Looks like fun. The diffuser may look gommy, but its there for funtion not style. I want to know what the drivetrain is. Any guesses?

im gonna say a STI drive train, probaly a vr8. just cause there readly available. see the driving cross contry thing makes it hard. if i had to build a car to go flat out for one lap it would be a highstrung 700hp beats that eats pistions and transmissions ever 1k miles. but you have to drive that to the next race so it needs to be reliable too. i would say something like vin had in his STI would be a good starting point

I agree, I'm thinking moderately built sti drivetrain. Probably 350 400 horsepower. Its gotta last for many hard miles. The rs would be a good canidate for that same conversion. You fund it and I'll drive, sound good? ;D

give me a few years and it will happen. though i think im gonna do a 2.0T swap out of the wrx, there just cheeper and easier to find, not to mention easier to swap. then put on some STI goodies and LSD's all around.

full brembos so definetly sti drivetrain

rotated turbo kit, built by topspeed.. I'd be pretty suprised if it made south of 500whp

You guys underestimate how stout the STI powertrain is, especially being I take it as a given this car has a built motor.

500 hp in a gc? That thing would twist itself apart. Don't forget that thing has to run cross country and compete along the way.

Its possible with enough bracing but I think it would be overkill. With 400 horse in that chassis it would be competitive with a large majority of the one lap field. Teh last few years the extreme high horspower cars all done blowd up.
default_redface.gif
Just making it to the finish is a feat in itself. But 500 would be fun! Hopefully they will publish specs before long.

500 hp in a gc? That thing would twist itself apart. Don't forget that thing has to run cross country and compete along the way.

Its possible with enough bracing but I think it would be overkill. With 400 horse in that chassis it would be competitive with a large majority of the one lap field. Teh last few years the extreme high horspower cars all done blowd up.
default_redface.gif
Just making it to the finish is a feat in itself. But 500 would be fun! Hopefully they will publish specs before long.
I have seen 400hp in a GC. with a full cage it is quite a stout chassis.

http://forums.nasioc.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1043903

Full writeup ^^^

Very nice find Pedro! Wow mid to high 400s on hp. That thing will be a monster. He did a great job on the cage. Can't wait to see some video. Does anyone know what shop these guy are with, if any? There is some serious money tied up that project.

It's Topspeed out of Georgia. Topspeedsales.com is their site, but it kinda sucks for navigating. They do have some really good pricing in the vendor for sale forums on NASIOC.

Back