Progress pics for the Redline Rally OBS

Redline

Alright, so as many of you remember, I got a 1996 OBS back in March... it looked like crap... looked like ass.... looked like this:

DSCF4182.jpg

Over the past month or two, I've been stock-piling parts so I could do a 1-hit garage day down here with some friends... this is how it went:

IMG_9929.jpg

IMG_9944.jpg

IMG_9955.jpg

And the final result (poor picture... got dark out) is this:

IMG_9958.jpg

Installed items since purchase:

KYB AGX's with H&R Sport Springs (approx. 1.5" drop)

RS Seats

WRX 20 MM rear sway w/WRX endlinks

WRX rims w/Goodyear RSA tires

RS hood w/scoop and vents

2001 RS bumper with fog light covers

2001 RS bumper beam

DEPOT headlight kit (8 lights: corner lenses, side signals, bumper signals and headlamps)

Replaced all trans-axle fluids with Valvoline 80w-90 synthetic with LSD additive for some bite

Currently working on:

Paint prep

Tint

Interior bits / trim

Exhaust (have STI axle-back arriving on Friday)

Trying to find some time & space to fix the leaking oil mod I've got going on

That's basically it, in a nutshell. It's not the prettiest right now, but it's getting there. Still need to find some time to fix the engine and possibly replace the transmission for better shifting.

In all fairness, it did have a VT plate on it when I bought it...
default_smile.png

Yes, changed the diff & trans... still grinding into second, but MUCH less since I put the LSD additive in.

Mucho betteroso. Very impressive, especially for one day.

If you drank the LSD additive the whole car would be "really far out, man"

You driving it to the AX this weekend? I'd like to see it in person. Plus, you got any of that LSD left?
default_smile.png

Negative. Taking the Jeep, I think. I'm hauling up Wannarex's rims and I've gotta bring some magnets and such. SUV sounds better to use.

Yeah yeah yeah... wagon's can handle it. But, she leaks oil badly with under load, and I think the tires and a full tank will push it.

Back