Project "Lift-It"

smelt240

Here it is untouched,other than taking the brand new BFGs off to put on Seph's old wheels,and a set of 225/50/17s...no,they dont rub,unless you turn,hit a bump,puch down on the rear bumper....I need a lift,and we are getting ready to build a cargo box,and a front light bar down at the race shop. Ill make some 1" spacers for the struts as soon as I find some thick scraps to play with. With rims and tires,Im at $650 invested so far. Stickered til Dec,runs good,just need to get an oil pan off Bratman...but for now,Marden's $5 epoxy is keeping the oil in so i can get to work.

newstuff012.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Sweet. Look forward to seeing it bigger. How much of a lift do you plan on doing?

I doubt you care, but I also have a front bumper with beam from a 2000 OBS with lenses and in pretty good shape that I was asking $40 for.

Last edited by a moderator:
Plan calls for Forester struts,links,and 1" spacers. Easier plans have changed before,but this doesn't sound too hard to do. What does the 2000 OBS bumper look like? I have a 2000 Impreza 2dr,that im building as well,might be interested in it for one of em...The other cars bumper is cracked,this one looks bad,but its actually just paint cracks,the bumper is still good underneath.

Just so you know, and you may already know, anything over 2-2.5" of lift, and you will want to drop the front and rear crossmembers as well. The cv axles don't like anything over 2-2.5" of strut lift. The Forester struts and springs alone will give you that much, so if you plan on using 1" spacers on top of that, then you should drop the crossmembers at least an inch so that the cv axles won't blow up on ya!

The bumper is on good shape, has to small holes drilled in the bottom front edge that had some hellas mounted, but other than that, it's in good shape. It is the same shape and color as the one on your OBS.

you're talking body spacers to do the xmember drop-correct? Ive heard that was another thing to look into when lifting them. I planned on taking a close look at your car when I come for the oil pan,plus checking to see if Gabe still had his...maybe just the struts would be good for now. 2.5" would be quite a lift. I didnt know that the struts alone did that much. Poor little car doesn't have enough power to turn much more tire than it has,or Id love to go 5" with big ol mudders...

Yeah you're more than welcome to look at my Forester. And yeah, I was meaning blocks between the body and the crossmembers. 2.5" is quite a bit, and if you use 03-08 Forester struts and springs, you can fit about a 27" tire, which as you said, will be quite a bit! That's close to what I'm running on mine. Gabe sold his, but may have another in the works. If you do the Forester struts/springs, you'll want the rear trailing arm bracket from a Forester too, it'll help re center the rear wheel in the wheel well, which you will need to fit bigger tires on a GC.

This is my 05 Impreza with just forester struts and 215/65/16 general grabbers

IMG00197-20120915-1530.jpg

Back