rallyx tires?

internalcombust

trying to get my car ready for rally x and need some advice on cheap 16" tires. I was thinking of getting some winterforce snows, they are cheap and I like the level of grip in snow. If anyone has used them for dirt I would love to hear about them. Any suggestions for other cheap brands would be helpful, thanks. :thumbsup:

Pedro

٩(͡๏̯͡๏)۶
I know Team Oneil uses the winterforce snows.

I did quite well at Union with Pirelli Winter carving tires. But I think those are discontinued. (they were cheap tho)

MrToad

Good choice. They will work better than gravel tires when it gets colder and get

decent grip otherwise. Keep them pumped up >40psi though. Will 15"

steelies fit over your brakes? There's a set of 4 in Uncles Henrys for $20

and you could run a higher profile tire.

JT

internalcombust

I am also looking at the hancook w409, I think the sidewalls may be a little stiffer on these and they are not much more money.

W409.jpg

internalcombust

Good choice. They will work better than gravel tires when it gets colder and get

decent grip otherwise. Keep them pumped up >40psi though. Will 15"

steelies fit over your brakes? There's a set of 4 in Uncles Henrys for $20

and you could run a higher profile tire.

JT
I don't believe that 15" steelies will fit over wrx brakes, very few 15 inchers will, mostly higher end rally wheels. Those may come next year if all goes well will whats left of the rallyx events.

KTurner

Had a set of older studded Winterforce, they worked well. Wintermarks another alternative but are better in the dirt IMO. Blizzak WS-50's are another cheap alternative. I usually just buy whatever I can find cheap or use whatever comes with rims. "Give me 6 Schlitz's...."

Pedro

٩(͡๏̯͡๏)۶
No on the 15" steelies.

you are pretty much limited to:

Team Dynamics

Compomotive

Speedline

Work

but if the sidewalls are too flimsy throw a set of tubes in them.

Ty Ty

I have a set of those Hankooks for the Jeep during the winter. Nice tires, would probably grip dirt ok. They did seem to have a pretty good sidewall.

I would personally go with the winterforces. I've driven a few cars with them, they grip surprisingly well.

ReZPunK

rallycross hell i run 40psi on my Winterforce M+S's and go balls ass down logging roads and they have held out well. i will get two winters out of them even with ragging on them during this summer.

by the way.....the M and S stand for mud and snow according to the manufacturer....

they are good tires for the money for me so far.

internalcombust

What size would you recomend? On my 16"s I usually run 20-55-16, but I was thinking of going with a 60 series sidewall for the snow/rallyx tires.

Pedro

٩(͡๏̯͡๏)۶
go with the stock size. Rallycross you will want all of the dig you can get with the lower gearing. and it just gives the sidewall more opportunity to flex on you.

Just make sure you bring a change of tires/wheels with you to the rallyX events in the case of a rolled bead (it happens) .

Back