Scooby Yard

So, when you two head out for a night out on the town, which car do you take?

We usually take the relaxing, easy driving, automatic Legacy. Once in a while we grab the black wagon. Once in a blue moon we take the Forester but only to find out if its still running well.

So, when you two head out for a night out on the town, which car do you take?
We usually take the relaxing, easy driving, automatic Legacy. Once in a while we grab the black wagon. Once in a blue moon we take the Forester but only to find out if its still running well.
If that question was directed to me than the answer is Spec B. The seats are more comfortable and support my wifes back better. I originally intended to put on 8,000 miles per year with this car but I am addicted to it
default_banana.gif
41k+ in 32 months. The 01 VDC is still running strong and gets the same mileage as new 23 to 25, but is showing wear & tear after 182K. Great car for going down rough dirt roads when I check out land. Good for hauling lumber, I can get 10 footers in and close the back hatch. Perfect for taking the dogs for a ride in, I basically use it as an all around utility vehicle. Most impressive thing about this car with Blizzacks = UNSTOPABLE
default_biggrin.png

If you didn't know we sold the red OBS to Akinaspeedstar. Then we got this GREEN one. Easier to drive for the youngster. 1997 Subaru Outback sport.

100_1906.jpg

100_1907.jpg

Fixed the ball joint and did an alignment. Put some WRX wheels and snows on it. And KYBs on the front. Brakes and exhaust next.

Update on the FOzzerelli;

Wheels!

100_1911.jpg

100_1913.jpg

Legacy the dog helping with the picture taking.

100_1910.jpg

Mercedes the dog being a cool kat.

100_1917.jpg

Thanks dudes!

The new Fozzy wheels look green it the pictures, but they are a gunmetal grey with a brownish/bronze hue to them. Let see if I can find another pic of them with actual color...

I guess its the lack of sun light. Not really green, but dark grey. In the sun they have a bronze-ish color. Pretty nifty. I'm glad he bought them. They were inexpensive, yet nice looking. And he worked all summer to save up for them.

100_1908.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
That's cool he worked for them and bought them himself!! Makes him appreciate more. They do look great. I can't wait till spring to get my wheels!

The 97 obs-t needs head gaskets. It starts heating up above normal whenever I get into boost a couple times. I think all the tranny noise is just the throw out bearing. All repairs are on hold until we get a new well drilled. Ours went dry. Fairly easy fixes. I just need to watch every penny right now. Might have to park in the woods for winter

The 97 green automatic has a few pending buyers, no one has thumped down cash yet. For an automatic its a pretty fun car. It'll be one of those ones I wished I had back a year from now.

The newest one is a 1998 5sp manual. My son bought it cheap. Half the miles of the automatic, tiny tiny bit of rust, and one year newer. We put the RS wheels on this one. Seems odd to have a quiet car.

Back