Snowshoes are on...

mikebike357

pic is a little dark... damn camera phone...

ForesterSnow.jpg

Very nice. Now I'm going to have to search next summer for some nicer 15" wheels for my snows. I'm starting to be embarrassed to run steelies.

I used the same paint on the wife's winter wheels. I held the can a little to far back and didn't lay it on thick enough. It was awful! It felt furry, no gloss. I had to strip it all off and start over. At first I thought the stuff was defective but it was all operator failure. Luckily I only did one at first...

Thin coats... thin coats... then top it off with the clearcoat. Make sure to shake the can A LOT to distribute the little flakes.

Be careful with one a night... I did 2 one night, then 2 a day or two later. The humidity & temp were different and so the paint came out different. The 2nd two came out great while the first ones came out a little rough. Had to lightly sand them then hit 'em up with another coat.

It's just the wife's car. I swapped her wheels to WRX ones and she didn't notice for 3 days.

But, point taken. I never woulda thought of that.

My wife didn't notice that my wheels are now dark grey... nor did she notice that the car is 500% quieter becuase the Stromung is off.

I just looked at them in person. They look awesome! If i didn't know better i'd say they were professional done. And those tires are rugged!

Very nice job. 8)

Back