Sooch's coupe

sooch

Type-RA
Hey guys, bought my coupe from a member on here (spartan5) and I have loved the thing to death. Its my first 5 speed and has treated me well. Don't really know what else to say but yea onto pics and specs because everyone loves those
cool.gif

Mileage: 198k and some change

Mileage on Rebuild: 10kish

Mileage on Tranny: 8kish

MODS:

-Borla Headers (came with car)

-Greddy Evo catback (came with car)

-ebay front strut bar (came with car)

-I believe there is a legacy 4.11 tranny in there aswell

UNINSTALLED

-H&R lowering springs

-ebay rear strut bar (came with car)

-unknown rear sway bar (came with car)

-Lightweight pulley (came with car)

-CAI intake (from rick)

FUTURE MODS:

-PAINT!!!

-Remove ALL existing rust for anything on the car (finding more and more each day...)
default_angry.png

-Cheap Rotas maybe?

-Winter tires/steelies

-Coilovers, STi lateral links, Endlinks, etc

-Maybe a conservative turbo setup 5-6psi or SWAP??

**DISCLAIMER**: I'm 19 and stupid, I somewhat understand the risks of a turbo setup on my N/A please don't tell me I'm dumb... I already know that
blink.gif

Last edited by a moderator:
Turbo can be done. Sti internals and a good engine management system. But learn to drive it first, it's got a lot to offer.... Wait for snow !!!!

turbo is when im not poor haha and that wont happen until after im well into the summer and out of college for the year haha. I seriously cant wait for the winter!! I need to start looking for winter tires
default_cool.png

FUTURE MODS:

-Winter tires/steelies

-FULL STi suspension

-Maybe a conservative turbo setup 5-6psi

**DISCLAIMER**: I'm 19 and stupid, I somewhat understand the risks of a turbo setup on my N/A please don't tell me I'm dumb... I already know that
blink.gif
Dedicated summer/winter tires is the best start. There is no better way to spend your hard earned buckaroos. Suspension is always good. You can drop a lot of moolah in those two departments and have a fast car. If you don't think so go to an autocross and watch EvilAsPie and his lady demolish everyone in their kitted out RS.

Turbo is fine, and can be done, but IMO I wouldn't do it unless you had a second vehicle. Having a daily tuner instead of a daily driver isn't fun.

Sounds like you're off to a good start, I'll be excited to see how you evolve the car. Bring it to some meets
default_cool.png

thanks Dan, I will definitely try to make it to some meets. (once its painted
dry.gif
). A few pics are on my flickr. Tough to get anymore since its raining....

You need to update this thing crazy...

And you are going to Augusta on Wednesday.

Car looks real good! One question....whats going on with your tail lights? If your looking for the clear/red JDM ones I got a set for sale!!

I AMM!!! we did that because I think it looks sick. They were original tails rick and I painted red, looks cleaner than the amber corners in my opinion.

Also, you have a pm

pictures are bad quality, but hey its something

GN8n9.jpg

7HUNv.jpg

4bS51.jpg

2b0jM.jpg

jw3ZV.jpg

forgive the bad quality... bad camera, bad light, bad setting... rain... yea yea im making excuses

you need new headlights and stock tails!!!!! progress is looking good, I kinda like the flat black look........keep it up

I like the all amber head-light corners on Matt's car too, that's a good look.

new headlights installed (missing one bulb, didnt come with the headlight??) pics will be up tomorrow! Also put on new tires, need to figure out my suspension mishaps.
default_dry.png
Town fair tire couldn't align properly and the wear on the tires is going to be horrible... the toe is off 1.36 whatever that means. Some have said tie rods? But I also think I have a couple blown struts, We'll see what the shop says I'm no expert.

-1.36 in the rear right and .51 in the left rear. I can scan the picture and show that if that helps, im an idiot and left the window open during the rain so most of the ink ran

that's a lot of toe....theres no adjustment back there if I remember right.....somethings out of wack or bent

Back