Stereo UPGRADE (and cool din pocket replacement!)

TheNailman

Warcock
P3160554.jpg

P3160548.jpg

P3160556.jpg

thanks to the guys @ nasioc for the idea. i hated the look of the black plastic din pockets. . . ..turns out, this neato spiffy folding door one comes on the fozzy's, and fits well in the blank slot under the stereo, but a couple holes needed to be drilled in the stereo brackets to secure it. all in all, a 20 minute mod. couldn't be happier with it! ^-^

And, as usual, thanks to the one of small stature for coming through with the parts. >
default_wink.png

That head unit looks radical. Didja steal it out of a jet or sumpthin'? Quite high tech.

make me an offer. i dont like it. its mp3/hd radio/satellite radio/ ipod only. . .. .

i dont like not having a CD player. . .. other than that, its the balls

well.... i see how it is. . . .

if you're lookin for a different one, i suppose i will sell this one to someone else
default_smile.png

Subaru made sure that us LGT owners couldn't get an aftermarket head unit. They "cleverly" made the radio and dual climate as one unit.

Leggy & Outback owners CAN get aftermarket goods... there's a replacement trim piece out there that allows you to take out the stock stereo and it gives you a big dual DIN hole to fill with whatever you want.

Subaru made sure that us LGT owners couldn't get an aftermarket head unit. They "cleverly" made the radio and dual climate as one unit.
From what I understand, they're two separate units, but they're covered by a trim piece that makes it LOOK like they're one. And yeah, what Mike said...once you replace the thing, PM teh short one and he'll hook you up with a trim piece and one of those cool doors in the pic up top.

Back