STInate and my suspension swap

rsalomon13

IMG_0216.jpg

car1.jpg

car2.jpg

And Nate I hope you don't mind but I am posting a picture off your piston, all I can say is holy S!%t.

IMG_0223.jpg

Aaah, Scoobies in their natural element...at the shop with hoods up and parts ripped off the suspension.

good looking jackstands under them cars, the Safety Polices approve 100%
default_additional_sillylol.gif
default_wink.png

Yea I dont usual bother with jack stands but we were doing it legit this time:D Yea and 3 bottom bolts ftl, right rob? hahaha

haha, I mind as well enlighten you all, Nate was convinced there were 3 bolt holes in the bottom of the coilover. It turned out he had just missed the hole and pushed the bolt under the coilover, thus giving his car massive amounts of camber. Good thing we caught that.

also +49 to nate's (very expensive) paperweight

BTDT only it was from a Saab Turbo and there were bits of valve driven thru top of the piston

Yeah and let me tell you, when those bottom strut bolts break it sounds like a freaking 9mm.
then they have been left alone too long (and were probly too tight)

goop em up with nevr-seiz, torque to 125-150 ft lbs and be done with it

next time they buzz right off

Yea when they let loose it was actually kinda scary. I was looking around for what broke.
Yea M&A's paperweight made me sad. That pauter rod tried to make babies with that CP piston.

I was still dead tired after moving the day before so I wasn't thinking straight hence the mega camber/ 3 bolt screw up. Its funny because were doing this outside and I see one of M&A's customers looking at us in horror as were stomping on the breaker bar:lol: they were probably thinking there car was next.

Last edited by a moderator:
I've never had a strut bolt come off that hard before!

I have found that PB blaster and the mapp torch make everything easier.

just get it hot and spray PB blaster on it and they come off sooooo easy.

I've never had a strut bolt come off that hard before!
I have found that PB blaster and the mapp torch make everything easier.

just get it hot and spray PB blaster on it and they come off sooooo easy.
In that order? Interesting. Never tried spraying anything hot.

Yea when they let loose it was actually kinda scary. I was looking around for what broke.
default_biggrin.png
Yea M&A's paperweight made me sad. That pauter rod tried to make babies with that CP piston.
I was still dead tired after moving the day before so I wasn't thinking straight hence the mega camber/ 3 bolt screw up. Its funny because were doing this outside and I see one of M&A's customers looking at us in horror as were stomping on the breaker bar:lol: they were probably thinking there car was next.
Yeah we are M&A's new suspension team, just 6 hours and we can have your car done!
default_smile.png

In that order? Interesting. Never tried spraying anything hot.
yup..

that is how I got the downpipe off the jetta with 89k on it
default_smile.png

works 85% of the time, every time.

Back