The EVO is no more?!

Sadpanda
default_frown.gif

Hopefully/maybe they will make an AWD trim of the standard Lancer.

I doubt they're doing this just to have a line of all eco-friendly cars. It probably just wasn't selling well. Isn't the STI having problems selling?

Last edited by a moderator:
all current Evo owners, esp of well maintained stock Evo VIs, must dump their now orphaned sheetboxes immediately.

PM me for details, am willing to give one a home at good price
default_biggrin.png

It's unfortunate because Subaru is loosing more competition in the turbo zippy car market.

Competition breeds innovation.

I inspected one a week or two ago, 800 miles, fresh from nh.....looked at the registration....msrp...37k I just didnt see 37k in it....

It's unfortunate because Subaru is loosing more competition in the turbo zippy car market.

Competition breeds innovation.
^^^This

the STI/WRX is always going to be good enough now as there will be no need for improvements(improvements I care about anyways but im sure it will get a better GPS....yeah).
default_angry.png

The years of the "STI as an out of the box track car" are long over.

The release of an automatic "STI" proves that the STI brand is now just that, a brand.

The Evo cost too much to build vs. profit margins I'd guess...

Im not going to loose sleep over the end of the EVO. The company is making the investment for the future and hopefully will come out on top. Gas isn't cheep and nor is it going to get better.

I wonder if guys like anthoine l'estage will suffer. He drives his evo x and I wonder if he'll be forced to switch to a different manufacturer eventually.

Back