tinted tails

3>4

im thinking about doing this...yay or nay?

maybe not quite so dark, but you get the idea...

klz1167443508f.JPG

NICHT, NIEN NYET, NON

go with all red if you are gonna do that. Or at the least, black out your headlights

i was kind of thinking it would look like this except reversed of course because its a wagon.....tinting the whole tail is out of the question b/c im not into reducing the visability of my brake lights/tail lights....seems like it could be something the insurance company could use against me if i were ever rear-ended...but to me i dont think it would matter if the reverse lights were slightly tinted

tinting headlights just seems silly to me....but the housings will be painted black (koji or whatever the hell you want to call it) as soon as i get the testicular fortitude to bake my headlights

91websmall1uf.jpg

not sure...but i didnt think that 9-2x tails had the bubble like 04-05....i just dont like how much the tails stand out...on a black car, they stand out sooo much...kinda hurts the eyes

the only problem is that there isn't a vinyl overlay because of the bubble so id have to use spray (VHT Nightshade) so it would be relatively permanent so i want to make sure its right before i jump into it

i've done a bunch of taillight tinting, heres what i've done for a few of my cars:

DSCF5918.jpg

DSCF8640.jpg

DSCF0394.jpg

DSCF1720.jpg

p.s., i've never been hassled by the popo for any of the lights, even the all black ones, or the red reverse light ones.

yeah see im into the tint on the civic....how were all these done? overlays, spray?

ill probably go with some darker wheels in the spring...either gun metal, black or a dark grey so i think it would match pretty well...i really dont know, we'll see

its all VHT niteshades spray tint (ebay). just take the tails out (overspray will go everywhere on your paint if you dont, believe me) and tape off the parts you dont want to tint, then just spray everything else. try to lay the tails as flat as possible so the tint doesn't run, its kinda thin. you'll need about 6 coats to make it as dark as above. i think i did the legacy and the civic tails with the same can, and used the whole can.

did you do any clear coat?? on the civic it looks a little flat (matches the phantom grey pretty well)....im thinking ill try clearcoat over about 3 layers...just checking to see if you used any clear so id know what i am looking at

Back