urabus's subarus

urabusturbo

I guess I will hop on the build journal bandwagon. I have a 92 legacy sport sedan and a 86 brat.

Picture308.jpg

This legacy is actually my third turbo legacy. the first one was a 94 with high miles and that eventually died. the second was also a 94. It was cheap and fast but on the downside it was a rust bucket with a weak automatic

Picture325.jpg

after it died Tyler (spinmastert) put the ej22t into his gc :headbang:

My current legacy was found in uncle henrys a few years ago with a blown auto

Picture236.jpg

I finally got the motivation to swap a manual into it and began dumping all my money into it and running around everywhere to procure random parts.

Picture362.jpg

After it was done the car ran well and was a blast to drive. I even managed to autox it a few times and embarass myself

Picture262.jpg

with 130k on it the car showed its age. Bad struts and mounts plus a weak turbo. Gabe (subarude) sold me a vf34 for a great price

Picture341.jpg

Evan hooked me up with a wrx intercooler

Picture348-1.jpg

went to patriot and got me some new stiff mounts

Picture342.jpg

and got my jackass friends to help piece it together

Picture343.jpg

Picture349.jpg

As of now it needs a bit of work. The bodywork is way overdue. the entire intake setup is sketchy looking. It needs seals/bushings/gaskets/belts all over and i gotta get new tires soon. overall I am pleased with the car but it is sad adding up all the reciepts. There are many many different subie parts into it and most of it is from people on stm. Notable mods are newer style 2.5 rs seats, some type of jdm momo wheel (thanks rad!) momo shift nob, wrx exhaust, bosal divorced downpipe, bitchen mossy oak floormats. I could have had a much nicer subie paid off at this point but i have no regrets. I look forward to wasting more money on it and attending more auto-x events, perhaps even a rallycross. I will put up some pix of the Brat soon

wow I missed this post..

nice looking stable man. that SS sounds great at the autoX's

The legacy is about to get torn apart yet again so i can put on an sti uppipe, 07 injectors, fuel pump and fuel pressure regulator. It also needs valve cover gaskets, rear/front, seal t-belt, tires, fender, bodywork. I have been driving the Brat quite a bit but i needed something else to rely on. A couple months ago I found a 93 civic hatch with low miles. It was converted to manual and has integra gsr brakes. I put some coilovers on it and painted it flat black and have been beating the hell out of it since. 30+ mpg ftw!

011.jpg

Dayem, that's a hot little hatch. You ought to bring that to an Autocross or two. Hondas rock. Nice work

Back