Welcome to Grocery Getter Central!!! Soccer Moms need not apply.

mikebike357

The new ride....

DSC04210.jpg

The pimp ride...

DSC04211.jpg

The whole grocery gettin' soccer mom bunch...

DSC04212.jpg

You can swap the sensors to other wheels, and then I could reset the system so the car knows which wheel is at what corner.

The Thule rack will be here on the 30th.
default_frown.gif

inski... have you put an STi short throw into an Outback? I see it's listed as an available part for 'em. If the Kartboy Legacy one no workie then i'm gonna have to pony up and get the STi linkage.

Wicked nice. I like that the OB's have gone more monochromatic. Still some of that 2-tone lower, but not near as much. Lowered so it scrapes would be HHHHAAAAWWWWWWTTT!!!

J/K. That wouldn't be very practical.

Nice! If the Thule hook-up is like the one on my Leggy, you'll love it! Very easy on and off...

Some nice shots of "lowered" OB wagons on legacygt.com - makes the ride height look more reasonable...

Sweet rides!

The OBK won't be lowered... It's the new vacation/trip mobile and needs to be useful, comfortable and reliable.

The thule foot pack I got is the 450 Crossroads... they look pretty easy to put on... I like the Tracker II footpack on the Forester too... pop the rack on and off, my only complaint is that the towers are a bit high... could be lower profile.

^just food for thought.... >
default_frown.gif

I don't know what feet I have, but my bars clamp to the factory rack (rather than around the door), which kinda rules. I can't use the fairing due to the sunroof though (and I miss it!). Some guy at the tuesday night ride was telling me that there is a difference in the clamp tightening mechanism on the new forkmount trays this year? Ensures even clamping?

Anyhow, very cool stuff!

I'm not getting any bike mounts for the OBK... just the crossbars. The Forester will be the main bike transporting vehicle but I can always swing a mount over to the OBX if necessary. I really wanted the bars so I could solidly put the Thule Evolution 1200 box up top.

I have the fairing with the sunroof on the forester... just can't drive fast w/ it open!
default_biggrin.png

You'll probably like that 450 with bars set-up. The 450 clamps to the parralel factory rails on the car and the 450 holds the bars. Probably puts the top of the bars 3 maybe 4 inches above rails. I'll bet closer to 2-3 inches now that I think about it. Boxes are nice. Skis, boards, poles boots, cargo, wet clothes , etc, etc, etc, etc. can go up there out of the car and weather.

I have the fairing with the sunroof on the forester... just can't drive fast w/ it open!
default_biggrin.png
I had that setup on my last car- loved it. Although my fairing was ahead of the roof- looks like yours is behind it?

The leggy has the rediculous super-sized roof, so I ran out of room with the bars and trays. Can't open the hatch w/o hitting the tire with the bike on as it is. Sure is noisy up there, tho.

Thought about a hitch-mount? I'm very happy with my Yakima so far, although I found that there IS a speed limit when carrying a bike. I don't know exactly what it is, although I can say that it's below 110.

Looked out the back window and saw a horizontal bicycle.

Nice ride Mike. We'll see it up close tomorrow at 10. The wife is coming up with me in the morning.

Wagons can carry everything.

Roof%20Basket.jpg

Not on the glass. there's little foamy pads under the fairing that hold it up about 1/4". If I open the roof, the fairing will drop in a little but as long as i'm not going 35+ it doesn't rattle on the edges of teh moonroof hole. I typically only open it when i'm stuck in traffic or have teh rack off.

I have not done a SPT/STI short throw at all. There have been a couple Imprezas come in for them. IMHO the SPT/STI short thow is better..at least from what I've read people are more satisfied with the overall performance and no surprises during install. The linkages all look the same from undernieth, but I've never had them on the bench side by side to compare. I think SPT may have done the research for us.

Back