What my wife got me for Fathers Day

RedForester08

Rally Armour Flaps and a nice Prodrive round tip axleback. The prodrive is used but OMG is it in great shape and for the money $200 under new average cost it was a sweet deal.

P1010038.jpg

P1010037.jpg

Heh, Jim now you're gonna get one a them famous "too loud exhaust" tickets...and the officer's gonna ask you, "...um, I this your son's car?"
default_tongue.png

don't axe me how I learnt this is a possibility....

PS--did you know your wife is def a keeper??!! Happy Father's Day indeed. My g/f commented about the exhaust on my RS the other day..."Ya know, if you hit a big rock and ripped that thing off, it wouldn't be so bad...then you could get a normal muffler." Sigh...

Last edited by a moderator:
Awesome!! She's a keeper for sure

PS--did you know your wife is def a keeper??!! Happy Father's Day indeed. My g/f commented about the exhaust on my RS the other day..."Ya know, if you hit a big rock and ripped that thing off, it wouldn't be so bad...then you could get a normal muffler." Sigh...
There's a lot to be said for stock exhaust. I like it on my legacy.

Heh, Jim now you're gonna get one a them famous "too loud exhaust" tickets...and the officer's gonna ask you, "...um, I this your son's car?"
default_tongue.png

don't axe me how I learnt this is a possibility....

Why is she still your g/f ?
default_biggrin.png

Sweet deal! How's it sound? Are you worried about cops or inspection time? Did you save the stock axleback to pop it on during inspection time
default_wink.png

It sounds great when you want it to but with the stock big DONKEY mid pipe resonator it is just perfect. The car runs smoother and for some reason seems to have moved the torque down some. On flat and level road you can cruse at 35-40mph in 5 gear without it just dogging down. As far as inspection it is no louder than the STI axleback below

1500-2k rpms. And yes I still have both the STI and stock 2.5i axlebacks in the attic.

Why is she still your g/f ?
default_biggrin.png

...cuz she really really likes the 68 Volvo I bought over the weekend, thass why! It has a fresh 2-liter with big honkin 2-bbl Weber and sport exhaust...her first comment on the test ride was, "hey honey you gonna need a new muffler for this thing!"
default_cool.png

You really cant appreciate how much effort jim has put into this car until their son gives you a ride in it
default_cool.png

It sounds great when you want it to but with the stock big DONKEY mid pipe resonator it is just perfect. The car runs smoother and for some reason seems to have moved the torque down some. On flat and level road you can cruse at 35-40mph in 5 gear without it just dogging down. As far as inspection it is no louder than the STI axleback below

1500-2k rpms. And yes I still have both the STI and stock 2.5i axlebacks in the attic.
Any chance you would be selling the STI axleback?!
default_smile.png

Back