winter beater

wrbwrx

well ivebeen looking for a obs for a winter car came across one for 2k. Went to check out a 1997 outback sport with 187k. car needs some work but nothing to serious looking forward to have a beater/project car gonna start working on it this weekend so I can have it on the road fast and well talked the guy down to 950 he siad no way to the price. so on the way home 30 min later he texted me saying I can have the car for 950 bucks today laters its hime and this is what I got...I plan to lift it and throw some lights on the front..

obs.jpg

Very nice! These cars are fun to mod, I want another one bad. Lift, wheels/tires, RS front bumper, and some lights!!!!

Those are fun cars, though somewhat slow. It will earn its keep when the snow flies. I'm on my sixth one. Really the only things that go bad are the valve cover gaskets leak sometimes and cam seals. The usual wear items, brakes, tires, clutch, struts. The rust around the rear quarts and rear strut towers needs to be attended to as soon as you see it.

Tons of people are still beating the bajeezus out of these at the rallycrosses. Excellent performer and tough suspension.

I just put a new strut in my son's beater 98 OBS. $55 bucks (shipped) from PartsTrain.com Tons of parts still available for these. Put some cheapo WRX 16s on it, eBay exhaust. Have fun with it!

Congrats man. It'll be nice to have something to beat around in during the winter( drift the crap out if it). I'll have some wrx rims for sale cheap here as soon as I pick them up.

Congrats man. It'll be nice to have something to beat around in during the winter( drift the crap out if it). I'll have some wrx rims for sale cheap here as soon as I pick them up.
alright let me know cuz I want some diferent wheels cant wait to drift it... update on car painted the steelies so now all black and no rust, windshield wipers now work along with the horn now works, radio didnt work so pulled it out looking to get a new one to put in soon and cleaned the car inside and out...

we could always use more lifted OBS' sounds as though its a perfect winter car! good deal too. lift and good snows and it will go anywhere!

Back