iwagons blazah

i-wagon

Someone suggested I do a thread on this rig, so here's the story. My grandmother bought this 2Dr ls 4wd brand new in 96. Always garaged, always washed weekly. All maintenance records, and she was meticulous about fixing things. Only 85k on it, factory undercoat still intact. Last year her Alzheimer s got bad enough she lost her license, so I ended up with the car for free after it sat for a year. With a new battery it fired right up. Just needs a touch of body work in front of the rear wheel Wells and maybe some grabbers, pics sherry I get image shack on my new phone, if I can remember my login stuff

Complimentary cat

Last edited by a moderator:

MAINIAC XV

The Eco Man
Someone suggested I do a thread on this rig, so here's the story. My grandmother bought this 2Dr ls 4wd brand new in 96. Always garaged, always washed weekly. All maintenance records, and she was meticulous about fixing things. Only 85k on it, factory undercoat still intact. Last year her Alzheimer s got bad enough she lost her license, so I ended up with the car for free after it sat for a year. With a new battery it fired right up. Just needs a touch of body work in front of the rear wheel Wells and maybe some grabbers, pics sherry I get image shack on my new phone, if I can remember my login stuff

Complimentary cat
That`s a great cat pic.

WRB96IMPREZA

YouTube Moderator
I'll have to look for you in this now haha. Since you always seem to see me and I dont notice you haha. 

i-wagon

One size taller tires, probably geolanders or grabbers. Fix rust, maybe a dynomax super turbo. So far that sounds the best from my you tube searches. Might tint the front windows to match the rear. And eventually a CD player and updated speakers, all 6 of them

i-wagon

Be prepared to replace headgaskets and fuel pumps!
that bad? the rear main was leaking, bu i chalked that up to being stored for a year. the only other thing i'd heard they were famous for was the ball joints

blmpkn

Pascifist Patriot
that bad? the rear main was leaking, bu i chalked that up to being stored for a year. the only other thing i'd heard they were famous for was the ball joints
My mother had a 94 for about 13 years and 140k, dealer maintained every single service interval.. Headgaskets were changed 3 times and the fuel pump was changed 2 or 3 times as well.

i-wagon

Wow, The only thing I can remember her doing to thus was an alternator and I can tell the ball joints were done. Maybe that engine was a fluke? They made that 4.3 for a long time

IBratmanI

Subaru Ambassador- AdidaSubarus
A lot of the Vortecs ate head gaskets and intake gaskets and that was because of that crap orange coolant they put in them. That's why most people drain it and replace it with the green stuff.

i-wagon

^ this statement is official, going to bee doing a complete flush with the garden hose and universal green is going in. Got a price on vent shades, and maybe I'll do the tranny service when I do the coolant

And does anyone know if there is a drain plug for the rear axle? I found the fill but no drain, hopefully I don't have to pull the pumpkin cover

i-wagon

Dex cool flushed out completely, ended up pulling the top hose off the rad with garden hose in the rad cap and thermostat removed, flushed for about twenty minutes. universal green stuff in. Dummy me let one of the heater core lines chafe an idler pulley. Napa should have it by morning. New serpentine belt, thermostat installed. Going to do rear end and brake fluid after lunch

inski

WORST vehicle GM ever made but they sure are lots of fun when things are sorted out on them.  Very capable off roader.  

You'll have lots of fun for sure.  Put some Super Swampers on that!

i-wagon

I was just going one size taller geolanders. And so far everything is peachy, just doing preventive maintenance, and tomorrow fixing t the rockers, but I've dealt with worse rust issues

Latest posts

Back