Pastrana in 2011 STi

MikeD

N/A All The Way!!
I caught this over the weekend on NBC's Extreme Sports show (or something like that). Travis had a 2011 STi prepared by Vermont Sports Car (of course) and set a record driving up Mt. Washington...pretty cool. I didn't even know this went down...looked by the green leaves in the area it must have been late in the summer.

I know that this program will also have coverage of the Rally Cross events held down in New Jersey coming up later this year....pretty cool.

ReZDoG

I'm not ReZPunk
Oh really... (c'mon Rob, I need help on this one..
default_biggrin.png

Pedro

٩(͡๏̯͡๏)۶
The hill climb was 2 months ago and the last RallyCross event is this weekend at the NJ motorpsorts park. It is $20 per carload of fans, so if you want to go, DO IT!

MikeD

N/A All The Way!!
Yep, already have plans to make the trip down this weekend! Pretty excited to this "new" event.

CTATV

That's awesome. I just got comcast cable at my place in NJ and they have an "HD Theater" channel I never saw on charter cable in CT. They are advertising fully WRC Spain coverage in HD this month. I'm pretty psyched about that...

MikeD

N/A All The Way!!
Yep, HD Theater covered all the events this year...GB is the last one on the calander for this year though. I hope they continue their coverage for next year as Ken Block is scheduled for all the rallies!

CTATV

Yep, HD Theater covered all the events this year...GB is the last one on the calander for this year though. I hope they continue their coverage for next year as Ken Block is scheduled for all the rallies!
I'm still kind of bummed he's in a fiesta rather than a Subaru, but I do understand his decision.

Pedro

٩(͡๏̯͡๏)۶
Well if he wanted to run WRC it wasn't going to be in a subaru. They are just flat out not competitive anymore. Too big, too fat, too slow.

Nigel Prodrive

Dirt surfer
Well if he wanted to run WRC it wasn't going to be in a subaru. They are just flat out not competitive anymore. Too big, too fat, too slow.
more to the point, Subaru has no car that can be adapted to new WRC regs for 2011. They stil ahve production cars for Group N but that's just not the same league.

Pedro

٩(͡๏̯͡๏)۶
well the decision went down in '09, that is what I was speaking to.

It is too bad that FIA has dropped regs that essentially specifically exclude a certain make based on drivetrain requirements.

Nigel Prodrive

Dirt surfer
What kind of requirements excluded the subaru?
2011 WRC car specs are as follows, almost every one of which excludes Subaru

production car shell (narrower and shorter than current spec WRC cars)

1.6l inline 4 cyl dohc turbo with direct injection (in case you say, "1.6 sucks" be aware this type motor typicall puts out 300+ hp with 350-400 torque, specific output of 188hp/liter)

no electronically controlled diffs

manual shift only (sequential gearboxes w/steering-wheel-mounted shift paddles now ill eagle)

etc etc

Pedro

٩(͡๏̯͡๏)۶
I thought there was also something about the motor being transversely mounted as well. Or was that early speculation?

I have to say I am glad that they are going back to rowing through gears.

ReZPunK

WRC was around long before Subaru got involved and will continue to be around long after Subaru's departure from the sport.

there will always be cars and people looking to push them harder and faster no matter what rules the put into place.

and Sorry brother i was away from the laptop for too long of a period but i will toss it out there for you anyway

First time we have seen this video on this website

ReZDoG

I'm not ReZPunk
Perhaps Next time, they'll see it on the forums...

I guess these guys just don't get it.. :\ damned you Tribalwar, you've corrupted me!!

Latest posts

Back