timing fun

Killerbumblebee

alright, out of all the stupidity, I got the timing belt off my 2.2T engine, just to realize that there wasn't any markings on the main gear anymore. I did however mark it. When I went to get a closer look at it the next day, I realized that my mark seemed to be one tooth off from the notch to keep alignment in the crankshaft gear (as in the section key was almost at the bottom, but not fully centered on the bottom) does anyone know if the main gear is typically aligned with the key being centered on the bottom? otherwise, I'm going to have to find another way to time the engine, anyone have any suggestions? thanks!

-Ben

bubba suby

yes the key way on the crank shaft is going to be strait down when the crank is algned for putong the t-belt on. pm me if you have any more ?????

Evan

theres a mark on the crank gear its self, it lines up with a mark on the crank sensor which is part of the oil pump. if you got a new belt that has timing marks then the (most likely) dotted line goes on the crank and the (most likely) full lines go on the cam gears. once tension is put on them they may seem a little off from the marks on the motor.

Latest posts

Back